Picking your goal weight

Valerie K.
on 7/30/11 10:21 am, edited 7/30/11 12:52 pm - Dearborn, MI
 my doc never gave me one till I pushed him to tell me at a year. that is when we started to talk about it. 
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

Valerie K.
on 7/30/11 10:23 am - Dearborn, MI
 Suane I had your doctor do my sleeve. Well he did not do it he helped my doctor when Hendrick did mine. I was number 3 sleeve with doctor Hendrick and your doctor had to assist or watch mine do it. How cool. 

Suane
on 7/30/11 11:19 am - Livingston County, MI

He was learning from one of the best trauma surgeons in the country. I can't praise Dr. Kerry Kole enough. He is a genuine, sincere doctor with his patient's interest at the forefront.

You are doing incredible, keep up the great work.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

Valerie K.
on 7/30/11 12:42 pm - Dearborn, MI
You talk about your doctor like I talk about mine. My doc cares so much for his patients.  I know my doctor had worked with yours when he was just new years ago. I guess there is where he was tough to care about his patients. When I had GB surgery he did a lower CT scan on me and found a toumor on my ovary and bothered me for 3 months to go see an OB well I went June 1 thinking it was nothing.

Well ending up getting my overy removed and a hysterectomy  in August all because my weight loss surgeon cared so much.

shantele7824
on 7/30/11 11:25 am - SAN PABLO, CA
Me and my doctor never talked about a goal weight and personally I don't know and probably not until I get way smaller, I do want a nice rack and bottom, lol, which I already love so as long as they are good so am I.
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

theshrinkingmimi
on 7/30/11 12:35 pm
I'm 5'9". I don't have a clue, and I just had this conversation last night at dinner. I've been fat all my life and don't know what size or weight to shoot for. The only thing that I got out of my conversation with my friend last night (she's a trainer) is that she thinks that 190 is too high. I told her that I originally said 215.  I just arbitrarily picked 190 to be below 200. I'll worry about it later.  Quite frankly, I lowered the goal on the ticker from 215 to 190 because so many people around my size or larger were setting theirs or 180 or less and several had met their goal. I'm not one for peer pressure, I just thought that maybe that was a sign that I was being too conservative. I didn't know the possibilities until I started seeing people reach their goals that were formerly above 350.

Right now I have to get out of 300s. I particularly want to be below 250, which would make me closer to 200 than 300. That's about the best I can do in my head right now.

My doctor refuses to set a goal. When I pressed, he said 150 in a year would be good. I told him that considering where I started, that 150 in 12 months was not good enough.

I want to take advantage of the 6 month super restriction level and lose over 100 pounds. Unrealistic goals are degrading, but I don't know what realistic is.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
ahleeeshah
on 8/1/11 3:44 am, edited 8/1/11 3:44 am
My surgeon set mine at 140. I'm only 5'1", so I thought that was a little high and set mine at 122 or so (mid-range of normal BMI). At my appointment last week he told me 140 was my goal if I was RNY and that sometimes sleeve patients don't get that far. I was like "UHhh, I'm gonna get lower than that!" He did say I'm losing like a bypass patient, so that's good!

Most Active
Recent Topics