It's either GAS or HEARTBURN but the sleeve Isn't Happy!

sparklinprincess81
on 7/30/11 10:03 pm - MI
 Was sleeved 7/25, home on the 27th and since I've been home I thought I still had the horrible gas I had in the hospital. I think I do somewhat except I'm able to make some of it disappear (if you know what I mean).

I get these bad rough feelings in my sleeve. And I walk around and all that foolishness but it's rough. I'm taking the prilosec and the reglan that was prescribed for me, but I've also gotten into taking my Gas X to make it through and it does pretty good considering I can get it OTC.

The problem really is the pain is unbearable and it wakes me up in the am and it keeps me from sleeping late night. 

Has anyone experienced this? I'm going to the office on Friday for my first post op appt. and you already know this is on the top of my list of things to discuss.

Don't get me wrong I'm not regretting my decision to get the sleeve, but pre-sleeve I NEVER EVER felt like this!

Please help!
HW: 257 (3/11); SW: 244 (7/11); GW: 150 (?/??)
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
cattywompos
on 7/30/11 11:49 pm
Well, you are what...five days out of surgery?  You could still have alot of swelling, gas, acid, and just plain ol pain going on yet.  Good thing that you are seeing the doc monday because he may be able to give you a better idea than any of us can.  I have no real advice for ya, but a (((hug))) and a promise that as you heal it will get better. It takes sometime for everything to "calm down".  Hang in there!
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

urmisnshin2
on 7/31/11 12:51 am - TX
I had this same problem, and about 5 days out I figured out that it was the skim milk I was using in my protein shakes causing. Stopped the milk..all the excessive gas stopped............much to my families relief as I had been killing them getting rid of the excess gas. Ha! 
Good Luck!

HW 280  SW 260 CW 155 GW 160      

Jan G.
on 7/31/11 1:28 am - WI
Just wondering if you may be having a lactose intolerance problem vs skim milk. I nearly died of pain when I breastfed my kids, until much later I found out I was lactorse intolerant. So I use Lactose FREE Fat FREE milk. No pains/gas from it.

Good luck~ Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

Jan G.
on 7/31/11 1:30 am - WI
Hope you get relief and soon. Maybe others can help as I have yet to have surgery (aug 5th).

RELIEF.. RELIEF.. thats all a girl wants eh?

Luv your user name too hon!

Hugs, feel better and soon,

Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 4:36 am
It sounds like you're doing everything you're supposed to. Taking the PPI and Gas-X etc. I would do like other said and try Lactose milk. I have a bit of Lactose intolerance so I use that too. 

Hugs and hang in there! The first couple weeks can be rough but I promise it does get better! Let us know what your dr. says.
sparklinprincess81
on 8/1/11 5:22 am - MI
 Thanks guys for all of your help! I do appreciate it!

I knew it wasn't from using milk because I can't drink. I'm one of the lame kids because I make my protein shakes with water! But...instead of using this GAS X, I've been using Gaviscon extra strength and it has done wonders. I even go through a whole night. In addition to that I've been walking walking walking. I've been to the mall and went walking and even took my dogs out to the outdoor shopping area and walked with them too.

My mom got her surgery done on 7/18 and she doesn't have the pain but I can tell you this. I was so jealous/excited for her when she got to eat tuna salad for her stage 2 pureed diet!!!! So much to look forward too.

HW: 257 (3/11); SW: 244 (7/11); GW: 150 (?/??)
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Most Active