Eating less - saving money?

CatherineTEACH
on 7/29/11 8:55 am - TX
I have saved money both at the grocery store and when you eat out with friends.  You can only eat about a 1/4 of a kids meal!  I have yet to go to the grocery store since before surgery and have so many leftovers that they last forever and I have to throw them away.  Good luck with your surgery!
  GW 150# (fingers crossed!)   

"Success comes before work, only in the dictionary." 
  Vince Lombardi, Green Bay Packers Coach    
Sniffles...
on 7/29/11 9:13 am - Hendersonville, TN
We absolutely save money when we go out to eat. My husband and I share an entree. For a beverage, I just have them bring water to the table. So we pay for one entree and one drink for hubby. We share the entree. 'HUGE savings from before surgery wherein the meal usually consisted of two drinks, an appetizer, two entrees, and possibly dessert!. It's like $25ish versus $55ish... and that includes a tip believe it or not!

As for groceries, I save money there, too. I shopped at Whole Foods before surgery and I still shop there now. It's a little more expensive than a regular grocery store, but I buy less there now than I did before. So I'm definitely saving money there, too.

Height 5'9" Highest BMI - 45.3 Current BMI - 24.2
03/27/10 - 307 (pre-surgery),    03/30/10 - 303 (surgery),    Now - 164    
katier825
on 7/29/11 12:05 pm
I am saving money on the groceries...but spending it on new smaller clothes instead! :)
Crissy327
on 7/29/11 1:25 pm - NC
LOl! Yep!!
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
wert
on 7/29/11 1:29 pm - MN
I'm sure saving grocery money. I live alone. When I buy something I divide and freeze it. When I cook, I almost always have enough for one or two more meals. I love leftovers. And with my garden lettuce, I make a nice salad with leftovers and have a good, healthy meal. Pretty cheap.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Most Active
Recent Topics