Haven't lost any weight in a month ! Is this normal?

dustysluka
on 7/27/11 6:27 am - New Kensington, PA
It's been a month and haven't lost any weight is this normal. Had the VSG done on
Feb 11th,2011  and was going great was 262 now I am 204 have been going up two pounds and back done two pounds but nothing is really lost except my hair ! .. But is this normal to not loose weight??? Any words of wisdom out there ??   Dusty : (
Birdie55
on 7/27/11 6:59 am
Usually when people post as you did, they are eating more than they realize.  Are you logging your food into once of the sites (sparkpeople, etc) and following your surgeons food plan?    If not, then why not start checking to see how many calories, carbs and grams of protein you are getting every day.    Also, are you exercising to help burn calories?

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

vivianaluv
on 7/27/11 7:09 am - CA
This last month I havent lost very much either but lost alot of inches and yes my hair too. Its crazy how much hair i have lost. Keep logging your food  and you will be ok

Goal #1 179  Goal #2 160   Goal #3 150   Goal #4 140  Goal #5 135 Final Goal 125    
sarytyr
on 7/27/11 7:11 am - Round Rock, TX
VSG on 02/17/11 with
No wisdom but I can comiserate.  I was sleeved 6 days after you  started at the same weight and I just got off of an over 1 month stall at nearly the same weight.  I was 205-206 for over 30 days and lost 2 lbs this week. God only knows how long I'll stay at this weight.  It stinks but it at least we are not gaining. The good thing for me is though, people have really just recently been noticing my weight loss so my body must be changing a bit even if the scale realy isn't.

~*Sandy*~ Ht 5'7" HW 262/SW 254/GW 160/CW 155

Lalamonkey
on 7/27/11 9:24 am - GA
Hey Dusty...

Sleeved the same day as you and having the same problem(s) as you .  Doing the up and down on the scale thing and the only thing lost is my hair.

Hanging in there...

Lala
dustysluka
on 7/28/11 10:28 pm - New Kensington, PA
 HI there Lala been awhile... Glad to hear from you.. Its been one crazy ride so far.. This hair thing is really disturbing me.. Dont know how much more I can loose dont have much left.. I am taking all kinds of Vitiamins.. Biotin and a few other things. Nothing helps it stop. Hope in time it will grow back well at least some of it back. And as far as the up and down weight its so crazy. Not sure why its stalling as much.. I have noticed that I can eat more then I was so I am guessing that is part of it.. Oh well just have to see what happens I guess..

I am hanging in there with ya hon : )
hollykim
on 7/27/11 2:56 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Try cutting out carbs and increasing your protein. are you getting over 60 gm of protein a day? what about fluids? Getting 64+ ounces a day?

GL

sarytyr
on 7/28/11 7:03 am - Round Rock, TX
VSG on 02/17/11 with
Seems my stall didn't break after all - back up to 205

~*Sandy*~ Ht 5'7" HW 262/SW 254/GW 160/CW 155

Most Active
Recent Topics