Standing in a puddle........

kaydemo
on 7/19/11 8:48 am - TX

Yesterday, I spent time trying to nail someone down on whether or not my insurance company had everything they needed to review my case, after being told twice that they lacked clinical notes.  I followed up, only to be told that I had been denied on the 12th!!  I tried not to freak out and thought I would patiently wait until today to call the surgeon's office to find out what else we could do.  They called me first, though, to tell me that.....wait for it.........

I'VE BEEN APPROVED!!!!!  
                                                                                                                                                                   They're checking the schedule and hopefully, it'll be the 1st, possibly the 8th.  But either way, it's on!!!  Emotionally, I'm all over the map, but the overwhelming feelings are relief and super excitement!!! ( Praying for Faye56 today!  She had her surgery this morning!) 

stacezoe
on 7/19/11 8:56 am
Woooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo congrats , I'm not so patiently waiting too.... I keep wanting to call but then I think I'm going to jynx it.. I have United and they received the paperwork last Monday...still nothing!
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
kaydemo
on 7/19/11 9:03 am - TX
I can't believe that someone on the forum said that they had been placed on a list of some kind for calling the insurance company too MUCH!!!  I tried to keep it down to twice a week.  They've had everything since July 1st, but they didn't seem to be nearly as pressed about it as I did!  That's OK, though.  It all happens the way it's supposed to, I suppose!  I hope you hear something really soon!  The wait has been the hardest part so far, but, then again, I start my liquid diet tomorrow, so we shall see!
epark
on 7/19/11 11:12 am - Manassas, VA
VSG on 06/27/11 with
I have United healthecare as well.  It took about a week or so to get it back from them.  Very quick turn around. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 9:09 am
 That's great! Congratulations. I am scheduled for Aug. 3. It seems like it can't get here soon enough. 
momokc
on 7/19/11 9:35 am
 My surgeon's office told me it would take at least 4 weeks from the day the insurance received my paperwork.  Then my surgeon had some people quit without notice and no one knew what paperwork had been sent in and which ones had not. SOOOOOOOOOOOO, I just called the insurance company and asked if they had received my paperwork. They said yes, but needed a few more things.  I called the surgeon's office and told them what the insurance company told me and they said they had recvd a letter that day and that information had already been sent however they would get with the insurance company and get it worked out. Then I thought maybe this is a sign that I am not suppose to have the surgery!  By the time I got approved, I was more than ready to have my surgery.  It had been about six weeks by this time. .  I was just like you as far as antsy and anxious at the same time.  I have never regretted having my VSG surgery and am 49lbs thinner in the past 17 weeks.  
Congratsulations on getting approved!  I know you will be happy! 

Granny

dreamingthin1
on 7/19/11 11:43 am - miami, FL
Hooooray!!!!  I am so happy for you!!!!

kaydemo
on 7/19/11 11:50 am - TX
Thanks, guys!  I love the support on this forum!  And I'm certain that I'm better prepared for what's to come because of all the stuff I've learned from people here!  Here's to all the soon-to-be sleeved, and newly sleeved folks!!  Woo hoo!!! Let's DO THIS!!!!
rdd9348
on 7/19/11 1:42 pm - OR
Congratulations!  Hope everything goes smoothly for you.
Highest-285, Start WLS Program-267, Surgery-245, Current-196, Goal-148 
                                   Short Term Goal - Under 185 by 10/15/11           
PK130
on 7/19/11 1:46 pm - Dallas, TX
VSG on 03/01/11 with
CONGRATS!!
Most Active