2.5 months in the hospital - finally HOME!

BuckeyeGirl
on 7/29/11 10:58 am - TN
I don't know how I missed this post!! I saw you posting on other threads and had to look this one up.

So glad to hear that you are home and on your way to a full recovery!! Fantastic news! We were all so worried about you.

Take care of yourself!!
Lindsey

Mr Mom
on 7/30/11 3:41 am
On July 14, 2011 at 5:27 PM Pacific Time, Ulysses wrote:
Hello all,

Yes! Finally home!
I got my sleeve on April 26th but had some major complications afterward and spent 2 and a half months in the hospital.

Apparently there was hole where my esophagus met up with my new stomach, the "food" that I ate after surgery (jello, broth etc) went straight into my gut and not the stomach...It went septic and I started going downhill. The walks got harder and harder, pain got worse and by the time I started showing a fever I was in some trouble. My lungs got infected and I went into respitory failure, I went back to surgery and got 4 drains put in to purge the nastiness out. I had a trache put in and was breathing through my windpipe - because of the trache I could not speak for almost two months. That sucked! The ICU sucked - no sleep, blood draws constantly and whatever else they could think of to bother me every 10 minutes day and night...Gads!

Good news is I am home and sleeved, still really weak, but home. That long in the hospital takes all the strength out of your body. I have a lot of physical rehab to do but it's GREAT being out of the hospital. I can talk and have all the crap that was attached to me out, just on oxygen for a while. I was on IV feeding for a while and then tube feeding (straight down the nose and into the stomach****il 10 days ago. All pretty high calorie stuff, but I have managed to lose 70lbs.

Thanks to everone for all the concern, prayers and well wishes - it really means a lot.
I'm off to get more shakes and fluid down. And still have to face the milk and food that was sitting in the fridge for months.

Cheers,

Jason

I'm glad to hear that you made it out of that mess with your life in tact!
Now get a pit-bull lawyer and make that f'ing hack surgeon pay for his incompetence!!!!!.... Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

Most Active
Recent Topics