Does anyone else feel hungry....

Bahamas1968
on 7/14/11 12:36 pm - MI
I feel so hungry in between meals. Of course it only takes 3 oz of protein shake to fill me up, but I still have the cravings for most of the same foods, but my eyes and head are still to big for my stomach.

Jenny C.
on 7/14/11 12:59 pm
 When did you have your surgery?  If you're still on liquids/purees, I wouldn't give it a second thought--as soon as you start solids you're likely to experience hunger very differently.  If you're already on regular food, I'd consult with your surgeon.

roundater
on 7/14/11 1:43 pm - Lincoln, NE
I agree with the other poster but I have found that increasing physical and mental activity helps cut down on hunger cravings.
Rich Sonderegger

Bigasiangirl
on 7/15/11 12:05 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with

It is different for everyone.  I am about 6.5 weeks out and I feel hunger more now than I did earlier post op.  I work at talking to myself about head hunger.  "Yes, that big mac would taste good but do I really want a burger to get in the way of my future happiness and health?"

I work at limiting my carbs, calories and workout every day but I've lost less than 10% of my excess weight.  I've read it would be much easier than this.  But, it is different for everyone. 

I think having hunger is actually a good thing.  I have heard of people that have to use their computer calendar thru out the day to remind them to eat.  I would rather listen to my body than require external reminders.  I just listen and feed my body the healthy stuff.

I'm sure you'll carve yourself your own path to success... best wishes!

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/11 2:09 am - MI
I am a few weeks out from you and I feel the same way. I too can only eat small amount but I am hungry like in a few hours. People on here say it's acid. I know what acid feels like and this just doesn't feel like acid. I take priolosec every day. .My head hunger is better but not gone. I am scared that as time goes on I will slip into my old ways. God I want this to work. Who did your surgery? I am also from MI. I went to Mexico.
Bahamas1968
on 7/15/11 2:47 am - MI
Dr Mark Pleatman in Bloomfield Hills, MI........

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/11 6:41 am - MI
I almost went there. How was your experience there? I am trying to talk my sister into going to him. Please give me feedback...
Most Active