The Waiting game

Prettygia
on 7/11/11 1:01 pm - MD
I went to my PCP for my last diet documentation today and I actually waited till the receptionist faxed over the paperwork to the surgeon's office! I felt like a stalker Lol I waited till I heard the fax transmitting before I left. I called the surgeons office to confirm they got it and they did! Now for the frusterating news. The surgeon calls me back and says that they do not have the letter of medical necessity from the PCP. I then called the PCP and she says that she has attached the letter toy refferal. The surgeon says that the insurance will not accept the letter like that. So I then had to call back to the PCP so she can write an actuall letter. Now the catch with my PCP is that she is long winded. For instance she shows up to her office late as hell and has her paitents waiting for over an hour to see her! My appt was 1130, I was seen today at 1230! So i am gonna call tmrw AM! This was not off too a good start! UGH!
roundater
on 7/11/11 1:15 pm - Lincoln, NE
i share your frustration. For my Psych eval I acatually had to get the surgeon and psychiatrist on the phone together to get it ironed out after 3 rejections. Do stay on top of it and make sure the paperwork trail keeps moving. It will pay big dividends in the end.
Rich Sonderegger

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 1:18 pm
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Stay on top of it! It will happen!!! All the best!
boomercd
on 7/11/11 7:36 pm - OH
Hang in there, I hope you have a positive answer soon, I know its frustrating but it will be all worth it.

I'm Still a work in progress, I wont give up the quest to reclaim my life, I will be whole again someday!
                          HW297 SW269 CW149.2