I'm a HOT MESS!!!

LookingAhead2011
on 7/10/11 6:45 am - TX
My surgery is tomorrow at 7:30 and I am absolutely terrified!!! I was fine up until 2 nights ago when the reality set in! I know that this is for the best...I've done tons of research and have confidence in my doctor, but I'm sooooo scared and nervous!!!

Any tips on staying calm???
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers  
Sandy S.
on 7/10/11 6:51 am
Last minute gitters are so natural.  Hang in there.  Try to get some rest tonight; tomorrows a big day!

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
ruggie
on 7/10/11 6:53 am - Sacramento, CA
I was the same.  Just remember, you have to get through the next 24 hours.  Not even 24!  Every hour is an hour less of stewing.  Just think that you're almost crossing the finish line!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

wert
on 7/10/11 6:59 am - MN
 Any tips on staying calm???

Nope. It's normal. Just don't give in to the jitters and back out. Forge ahead. In 2 or less months you won't even remember this conversation.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

softnsweet
on 7/10/11 6:59 am
Relax, say a prayer, then realize it is out of your hands. You will be fine. I can't wait til I have my chance..... lets us know how it goes.... Good luck!
colelea613
on 7/10/11 7:57 am - LA
Get your ipod program a playlist with your favorite songs....
Get a trashy love/romantic book or a thriller book and lose yourself in it...

I always look at travel magazines with the pictures of the beautiful places I want to visit...

I was in labor but had to wait for a scheduled c-section chilling out to my favorite music...zoning. Music does wonders!!
    Cole

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/11 8:43 am - MI
Good luck to you!!!
MN_Mama
on 7/10/11 8:45 am
Of course it's normal to nervous and scared, it's a big step. But think back to when you first chose this path....

I was facing death sooner than I should, from diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, or any number of other obesity related morbidities. I had low quality of life issues, lack of mobility, low energy, sleeep apnea, inability to dance, ride roller coasters, canoes, bikes, horses....

We all have our reasons for choosing such a drastic change, good, compelling reasons. Remember yours. Remember your goals. Keep the changes you seek before you, and know that you are worth it.

Best success tomorrow and speedy healing.

kalimamasmom
on 7/10/11 9:32 am
I requested nerve pills the minute I set foot in the hospital to set off a full blown panic attack.  Know that if you are REALLY struggling, please let the nurses know...they can help!!!
And, you'll be fine!
Here's to a speedy recovery!

rosapain
on 7/10/11 10:39 am, edited 7/10/11 11:04 am - Amityville, NY
WE understand and you will be just fine, CONGRAT,ON YOUR RACE TO SUCCESS. YOU ARE IN OUR  PRAYERS.Please keep us informed.