missing my sister, but pressing on.......

wert
on 7/8/11 5:06 am - MN
Murder - nothing could ever be worse than that. You have my complete sympathy.  

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

kaydemo
on 7/8/11 5:17 am - TX
Thanks for all of your encouraging words! I have no doubt that my sister and I will be together again. It was easier in the beginning, because I threw myself into the whole legal process of the investigation and trial. And words can't express my heart of gratitude for having her in my life for 26 years and the fact that she left behind two amazing daughters! And truly, most days, I just miss her tons, but anniversary dates can be so hard, as I'm sure many of you know. But I do believe God is good all the time, and He's certainly given me some unique opportunities to make a difference since her death. I count it a privilege to work with inmates who aren't very different from the man who killed my sister. I always think that in some small way, I could be saving someone else's sister's life by investing in them before they get to that point. Thanks for shouldering my sadness with me! It really means more than I could express with words! I consider your virtual hugs to be hugs from the Lord Himself, and I'm thankful that He has used you to bless and encourage me today!
Faye56
on 7/8/11 5:28 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
God Bless You! I pray that God will surround you with his love and comfort.
I cannot even imagine going through something like that. You sound like a very strong person and I am sure that your sister is so proud of you in all ways - not just the WLS journey. She is probably smily down on you today for remembering the love that you share.
I hope that tomorrow brings more sunshine in your life!

(and...I have surgery with Dr. Nick on the 19th. Have you already had the surgery?)
kaydemo
on 7/8/11 5:35 am - TX
How exciting!  I will put you on my list and pray all goes well!  I haven't had my surgery yet.  I'm still waiting on my insurance approval.  They've only had it since July 1, and they said it could take up to 30 days, although I hope not!  Hopefully, it'll be here before I know it!  I'll look forward to hearing your first hand experiences with the good Dr. Nick! Thank you so much for your encouragement!
nursejlo
on 7/8/11 5:52 am
I too lost my only sister/sibling. I was just thinking the other day how fun it would have been to go thru all of this with her. She was killed in a car accident. Life goes on as everyone tells u but they have no idea how hard it is.
kaydemo
on 7/8/11 6:00 am - TX
So sorry for your loss!!  I've often wondered which is worse: to know it's coming, or for it to happen out of the blue!  My mother lingered for 7 weeks after a heart attack before ultimately passing and that was so hard to watch.  But my sister just went to work one day and didn't come home!  I know you can totally identify with me!  She was thin, and I began to gain as soon as I left home.  And she certainly knew of my struggles!  So, I'm sure it would have been great to have her in my corner for all of this!  But I supposed it wasn't meant to be!  Thank you for sharing your experience! Sisters are a beautiful thing!  Again, I'm so very sorry for your loss!
Kristy R.
on 7/8/11 6:09 am - Santa Clara, CA
 Reading your post made me think of my aunt.  I am an only child, so I cannot relate to losing a sibling.  I am so sorry.  But I do know what it felt like to see my mother deal with it.  And I had to be the one to tell her - over the phone.  I did not want to tell her that way, I tried to tell her to come home I had something to tell her, but she was scared and would not wait.  It was a terrible feeling.  I have thought of my aunt often as I go through this journey.  She died at age 38 and she was very morbidly obese.  She was in IT, which is the same line of work I am in.  As I approached her age and started having health issues, I got very scared that I would wind up like her.  So I looked into my surgery.  So many times I have thought what a difference surgery like this could have made in her life.  She was obese her whole life and had scoliosis as well.  

I have always imagined that having a sister is like having a best friend (most of the time anyway, LOL) who has been there with you and knows you and your life like no other friend ever could.  I don't have anything like that, what a wonderful thing it must be.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

kaydemo
on 7/8/11 6:25 am - TX

My sister was like having a "built in" best friend!  Years ago, I used to think that I needed to get a handle on my health, because I'd definitely want to represent her all the way through to the bitter end of the legal journey.  But even that wasn't enough for me to make a lasting change.  I'm so thankful that I have this option now!  And what a gift your Aunt has given you to allow you to see your health and weight in a whole new light since her passing!  It really is a gift in disguise!  Thanks for your kindness!

momsy55
on 7/8/11 6:14 am - ME
I am so so sorry about your loss.  Anniversaries are the toughest, no matter how long it's been.  It will be 31 years next month that I lost my mom, who was a year younger than I am now, to cancer.  I also have an older brother who, mired in his disease of an addiction to gambling, moved to Las Vegas 21 years ago, and lost touch with everyone.  For so long, I didn't know how to reach him or if he was even alive, but got his last address a couple of years back.  I've been afraid to try and contact him and either hit yet another dead end, or find a situation that I can't deal with, if I do reach him.  It's not the same as a death, so I can't know exactly what you've gone through, but I do feel as if I lost him long ago, and miss the close relationship we had as kids.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you!   Mary
kaydemo
on 7/8/11 6:28 am - TX
Thank you, Mary!  And although my sister is gone, we at least had some sort of resolution!  I'm so thankful that we did!  I can't imagine being in your spot of not knowing.  That would definitely be hard!  Hopefully, as the days unfold, you'll know just what steps to take to finding the answers that you're seeking!  Thanks again!
Most Active