missing my sister, but pressing on.......

kaydemo
on 7/8/11 4:11 am - TX
9 years ago today, my sister was murdered in a robbery.  She was my only sister, and this whole WLS journey would have been something we would've burned up the phone lines about.  I miss her terribly!  But I think she'd probably be my strongest supporter!  I love considering all the things I think she'd say to me about all of this! 
No WLS questions today.....just a tad bit sad.
Katester
on 7/8/11 4:17 am
I have nothing to say to make it better. I am very sorry for your loss. Your sister is probably SO proud of you for making this life changing decision. Keep her in your heart...she won't ever leave from there!
kaydemo
on 7/8/11 4:28 am - TX

Thanks for the sweet words of encouragement.  You're a perfect stranger to me, but just reading your reply made me choke back tears!  I think I just need a good cry!

BriarRose
on 7/8/11 4:52 am
Losing a sibling is like losing a body part. That is the best way I have been able to describe it. I lost my baby brother a year and a hal*****o the H1N1 flu. He died just a couple weeks short of his 50th birthday.

We had always been very close, he battled cancer over 30 years ago as a teen, and won; but the ravages of chemo and radiation seemed to have compromised his lungs; something he, we, and his doctors never suspected.

So far in the past year and a half, I have learned to cope; learned how to balance life again; how to console my 85 year old father, and my 18 year old daughter....but like a severed limb; there is always a chunk of me missing.

I wish you peace along this journey. I do not know what death holds for our loved ones, but I do know that I believe that in some way, they are with us, and share in our joys and in our sorrows.

I wish you joy.

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
kaydemo
on 7/8/11 5:31 am - TX
So sorry to hear of your loss, too!  It's funny.....we expect at some point to lose our parents, but it hardly ever occurs to us that we could lose our siblings!  After all, we're suppose to grow old with them, right?  And I totally hear you about learning how to balance life after a death!  I was the touchstone for my family after my sister died, and my Mom passed last May, so now my Daddy lives with me and our whole world has changed!  But it helps to have a pretty supportive family!  Thanks you for your well wishes!
Katie S.
on 7/8/11 4:54 am
VSG on 02/23/11 with
 I am so very sorry to hear about your sister!  Just reading your story made me tear up.  My sister is my best friend and I cannot imagine life without her.  I'm sure your sis is extremely proud of you and watching over you from heaven. Good luck to you in everything! 

HW: 230  SW: 212  CW: 145  LW: 138

KrisJ77
on 7/8/11 5:03 am - TX
I'm so sorry for you and your family.  I know she is smiling down on you!! I truly believe you will see her again!!  My Mom died i***** and I feel the same way,,,I am an only child. I have always wanted a sister.  You were so lucky to have the years with her you did.  If you were in front of me I would give you a big hug!!
Kris

kaydemo
on 7/8/11 5:23 am - TX
KrisJ77, my Mom passed away in May of last year, and I take great comfort in knowing that they are together! Saying good bye is always hard, but being without a Momma in the world is definitely a weird place, so my heart goes out to you, too!
AnnaMac
on 7/8/11 5:03 am - Andover, MN
I am so sorry for your loss!  I am coming up on the 11 yr. anniversary of my brothers death, and I too think about him everyday and miss him very much.  When someone is taken from you unexpectedly like our siblings were, there are a lot of unanswered questions that make the grieving process long and painful (at least that has been my experience) I like to think that my brother watches over me and my family everyday, and that he will be with me during my surgery and post-op!!  Pressing on is our only option!!

When I had my daughter 4 years ago, I was sad because he wasn't there, and when she was 2 I heard her talking in her room (she was all alone) I sat and listened for a few minutes and then went in and asked her who she was talking to....she told me that it was "Uncle Daniel"...NO LIE!!  at 2 she had a very good vocabulary and so instead of questioning her I had her point him out in a family pic...and she did, all on her own!! It was amazing (and a little scary)

I know that everyone has different beliefs about what happens after we pass, so for me his memory, our past conversations, pics, hearing a certain song he loved etc keep him alive in my heart!! 

Good luck with the weight loss, and good for you for voicing your sadness. Our emotions have so much to do with our success and it is good to talk about it!!

kaydemo
on 7/8/11 5:26 am - TX
Thank you for your encouragment!  And I love the story of your little girl!  Sometimes, the innocence of little people is exactly how God chooses to show us some things that are pretty amazing! I love that He gave her that kind of insight! So sorry for the loss of your brother, as well!
Most Active