Are all carbs evil?

kaydemo
on 7/6/11 8:07 am - TX
I'm just wondering if we're supposed to avoid ALL carbs, or just the simple ones?  And how should they be portioned out? One meal a day, or over the course of the day? And if I'm working out a lot, should I be taking in MORE carbs?  There's SO much information, and so many things to consider!  I'm a bit of a carbaholic now, and I'm hoping that gets easier after surgery! I'd love any input! 
sublimate
on 7/6/11 8:12 am - San Jose, CA
I only get minimal carbs from green veggies (which have more fiber than carbs) and a small amount from dairy. IMO most others should be avoided as much as possible for the best results.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

kaydemo
on 7/6/11 8:35 am - TX
Thanks, Rose! 
roundater
on 7/6/11 8:21 am - Lincoln, NE
I shoot for 40 carbs per day. Don't alway**** it though.
Rich Sonderegger

kaydemo
on 7/6/11 8:34 am - TX
Rich, have you had your surgery yet, or are you still in the waiting phase?
roundater
on 7/6/11 8:42 am - Lincoln, NE
Sleeved on 6/10. Besides carbs I usually shoot for 600-800 calories and 100 grams of protein.
Rich Sonderegger

kaydemo
on 7/6/11 8:46 am - TX
Wow!  100 grams?!  Do you supplement with a lot of protein shakes, or is that just with food?     Congratulations on your new sleeve, btw!
roundater
on 7/6/11 8:55 am - Lincoln, NE
I have a Trader Joe's skae with 2 cups of skim milk. it has 54 grams of protein. Usually use lo fat cottage cheese too. 1 cup has 28 grams of protein. Beef jerky and string cheese are other sources of protein I use. Hope this helps.
Rich Sonderegger

roundater
on 7/6/11 12:06 pm - Lincoln, NE
Actually my start weight when I weighed with the surgeon was 351 - 323 on day of surgery. The 310 that the tracker has is the weight I was that day when I set it  up. just have not bothered to change it. Total of 49 lbs lost so far. Hope this helps.
Rich Sonderegger

quintons_mommy200

on 7/6/11 9:47 am
Is your tracker up to date? Just wondering if 8 pounds is all you've lost eating that few calories.

Most Active