Surgery Date Scheduled

greatmomof2
on 7/6/11 6:23 am - CA
Hello Everybody, I'm  new to the forum. I am scheduled for surgery July 18, 9:30 am. Very, very nervous!! I started my pre-op diet and hoping to lose a few pounds before the surgery date
Any suggestions to calming my nerves and what i'm really getting myself into?

roundater
on 7/6/11 6:32 am - Lincoln, NE
Just think of how great you are going to feel and look to calm the nerves. And if it like mine you have nothing to be nervous about. Mine went smooth as silk minimal pain no complications pain gone in two days 26 days out feel great returned to preop activities. Just waiting to go back to work. If you need help or need a friend let me know. I'm at [email protected].

Your friend
Rich

Rich Sonderegger

kaydemo
on 7/6/11 7:47 am, edited 7/6/11 7:47 am - TX
Congratulations! I hope I'm not too far behind. I called the insurance company today to check the status of my pre-certification, and while holding, I thought my heart was going to leap out of my chest! I was thinking, "What if she gets on the phone and says I'm approved?" (It's still under review. It's only been 6 business days since they received the request from the surgeon!) I totally understand your jitters!! Hopefully, your wait will pass without a hitch, and your surgery will be under your belt soon! I'll look forward to anything you might be able to share as you're going along! Best wishes!
thebaglady01
on 7/6/11 8:56 am - TN
Just found out yesterday that my insurance approval went through, and the surgery was scheduled for July 27th!  I am already doinng the liquid diet (hungry), and am so excited and nervous!  Thanks to all on the message board for all of the great tips and ideas!
Most Active
Recent Topics