New food find at Sam's Club

PaulaS
on 6/27/11 7:57 am - TX

I saw Old World Kitchen Carmelized Onion & Swiss Chicken Burgers in the refrigerated case at Sams and thought I'd try them.   Pretty good!   They are pre-cooked, so good for something to eat when you need something fast and easy.  
Each patty is 4 oz, 180 calories, 2g carbs and 20g protein.  
I could not eat it all at once, so spaced it out a little. 

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
MARIA F.
on 6/27/11 8:01 am - Athens, GA

Paula the crab cakes at Sam's are awesome! Low carb and high protein, and YUM! Try those next time you make a trip there. :-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

PaulaS
on 6/27/11 8:07 am - TX
Maria, the crab cakes ARE good there!    I got some at the local grocery before  I got them at Sams, and Sams are much better !    

Any more ideas?   I tend to get in a rut and stay there, and I am trying not to do that.   

We don't have a Costco membership, or even a Costco near where we are, so it would have to be Sams or the local grocery.

I try to cook, but sometimes you just need something easy and quick.   My hubby grills several days of chicken, etc. on the grill at a time which is nice, too.

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
MediumSoon
on 6/27/11 1:41 pm - TX
 Honey Chipotle Salmon - OMGOODNESS it's delicious!!!  Sam's is the only place I know to find it.

MARIA F.
on 6/27/11 8:35 am - Athens, GA

Well I don't cook much. We eat out a lot, and I often just heat up frozen Healthy Choice, or Lean Cuisine when I'm home.

I also usually do protein drinks or protein bar every day. I have the SF Davinci syrup that I often add to that to have a larger flavor selection. I also add the sf Davinci to oatmeal, Greek yogurt and sf pudding.

I usually pick up a quiche one a week. They have them at Kroger. I get at least 4 meals out of those. It's  high protein, and the carbs aren't that bad if u don't eat much of the crust.

I keep cheese sticks, pumpkin seeds and yogurt around for snacks. Also Trader Joe's has a multigrain pita chip that I have with my crackers. I was just at TJ's today and took pics of some items I'm going to do a blog post on for healthy food options there.

Eggface has a recipe on her site for ricottage pancakes. They are high protein and I usually make those once every wk. or 2 and double the recipe so I have 3 days worth of the pancakes. They are high protein.

If you cook you can get tons of great recipes from Eggface, or EatingWellLivingThin.

I also do chicken enchaledas or chicken tacos once a wk.

IN the  summer I'll get the Crystal Light popsicles, or the Swiss Miss low fat fudgesicles.

If you like peanut butter, you can buy the low fat, low cal kind and it makes awesome protein shakes!

Turkey peperoni can make a good snack. As can pistachios.

That's all that comes to mind right now. May think of some more and come back and add later.

FormerlyFluffy.com

PaulaS
on 6/27/11 9:58 am - TX
I usually eat string cheese for breakfast, and often with some turkey for lunch.   Love the Greek yogurt.  
Boy, do I wish we had Trader Joe's here!    But, I hear they are coming to Texas in the near future!   
For quiche, I got a recipe off of eggface, Shelly's Italian Crab Bites, that I make up and freeze.   They are great for a meal or snack.  I don't have a toaster oven, so I just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to thaw them out - yum!
I'll have to try the pancakes.   Guess I need the SF syrup first, though.     
I have not looked at EatingWellLivingThin yet - thanks for a new source.

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
MARIA F.
on 6/27/11 12:34 pm - Athens, GA

My breakfast is usually oatmeal or a protein bar. The crab bites sound awesome!

Trader Joe's just came to my city about 6 mos. ago. I enjoy having one close by!

EatingWellLivingThin is Linda and she has some amazing recipes.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active