PreOp Diet

LookingAhead2011
on 6/26/11 5:03 pm - TX

Hi, All.

I am newbie here, but after browsing around I feel right at home.  What a wonderful resource!!!

Well, I am having my VSG on July 11th and will begin my my high protein/low carb diet tomorrow.  Any healhty meal suggestions?  And any idea how much I should expect to lost pre-op?

Just wondering...

Thanks!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  
roundater
on 6/26/11 5:13 pm - Lincoln, NE
I lost 28 lbs pre op. I used protein shakes and salads to lower my weight. Hope that helps and good luck. on your surgery. Hope it is as smooth as mine was on 06/10.
Rich Sonderegger

LookingAhead2011
on 6/27/11 1:03 am - TX
Thanks, Roundater!  I, too, hope that my surgery will go as smoothly as yours. 
roundater
on 6/27/11 1:14 am - Lincoln, NE
You're welcome. Let me know how it comes out and if I can help.
Rich Sonderegger

Rouxful
on 6/26/11 5:29 pm
 Get some microwaveable chicken breast pieces and throw them in a soup pan with some builion and a little pepper. Very satisfying.

Also, as the previous poster mentioned, salads are your friend too. Tuna salad is great, as is egg salad. Hard boiled eggs are good too. You can treat yourself and apply Breyers Carb Smart ice cream bars toward your daily carb allotment, as they only have 5g carbs each. Avoid milk, but most cheese is okay in moderation. 

Tofu is a nearly guilt-free food. Grill it, stir-fry it, or eat it plain, whichever you prefer. Need to snack? Grab some edamame soy beans. They're fun to eat, tasty, and have almost no carbs. 

Sugar free jello is good when you just feel like having something quick. Also, some grocery stores have a great line of Yogurt, called "Carb Masters." They come in almost every flavor imaginable and are only 40 calories each.

If you like diet soda, enjoy as much of it as you can because you'll never have it again after you're sleeved. Crystal Light is good if you want something sweet to drink too. 

You'll get through the pre-op diet. Just keep your carbs low, your proteins high, easy on the fat calories, and be creative!

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

LookingAhead2011
on 6/27/11 1:05 am - TX
Thanks, Rouxful for all of the good ideas.  The microwaveable chicken breast sounds sound delicious.

Most Active
Recent Topics