I cant STAND my Husband

_rebecca
on 6/21/11 2:46 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
My husband always "says" he is going to work out with me but it rarely happens.  I have learned that when it comes to working out, sometimes it is just easier to go alone.  I really love going to the classes and that keeps me motivated.  I agree about just making it your "me" time.  In the end, you are the only person that can make this happen.  Good luck and stay positive.  We are always here for you!!!
Rosebud_is_a_sled
on 6/21/11 3:12 pm
Go to the gym without him.  It is too bad for him that he cannot give you the support you need.  The people here have helped me quite a bit. 

DrHollywood
on 6/21/11 3:17 pm - Harbor City, CA
Hang in there and hope this passes,.   Make sure you go to the gym even if
your hubby is not going to join you.  Find new friends that will go with you.
the reward will be greater...  I promise.  You wont know what the gifts are
until you do it.      Your journey will be amazing.  hope this passes for you soon.

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

Jennchap
on 6/21/11 3:33 pm - CA
 I am so sorry you're in that kinda situation, mine is very similar and its very very hard. At the end of the day I just have to remind myself that this is for me and in life… you are all you'll ever really have. So now, at 30 years old I have to learn to be enough… on my own, without a hand to hold or a shoulder to cry on. Its ****ty but its reality, at least for me. I have done this with the support of my OH friends and some real life friends…. and I couldn't be happier. Well I could with a better spouse! Hahah If you ever need to vent hit me up… I totally understand.
Hugs
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/11 4:23 pm
I am so sorry you are going thru this.  I would agree that maybe you should go to the gym on your own and get to know some of the other ladies.  I also would suggest you go to church on your own..you will find solace there for sure.  One thing to think about is this, you go places on your own, you live life like it was meant to be lived.  One day you will realize your having a good time even tho he is not enjoying it with you but guess what ?  he might start wondering why you are so having a good time and decide to join  you.  Especially if you are looking good and toned and doing your best to deal with things.  If what he is doing is a deal breaker then you have to consider your options.  Good luck to you .
lisa53406
on 6/21/11 4:47 pm - Racine, WI
I am sorry for your frustration and pain you feel in this situation. I recognize it well because I have done this exact thing....wait on someone else to accomplish something. Perhaps its a dreaded task I don't want to do or something overwhelming and wanting some sort of reinforcement. It has always backfired like what you experienced. Its because other people don't have the same goals that you do and its hard to make those first steps on your own. I do understand.

Talk to someone at the gym and they may have a program for a few initial meetings with a trainer who will show you the equip and make a plan for you. You will find that once you start going, it is extremely empowering. At the end of the day you will feel 10 feet tall and not dependent on someone else for your success (which can be disasterous). 

Absolutely its hard to walk in the first time alone. Like going out to eat alone or to the movies. In the long run you will be more satisfied doing it yourself. Perhaps you will befriend someone there with the same mindset who will become your work-out buddy. This also removes the stress out of your relationship and you can focus on the positive things he does do. Win-win.

Follow up with us and let us know how it goes!

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
Lynn5707
on 6/21/11 9:32 pm - IN
(((hugs))). I don't have anything to add, just take care of yourself.

Lynn
nilesmama08
on 6/21/11 10:49 pm - Atlanta , GA
My husband is a home body. He does not like to go out a lot. It was hurtful at first. I learned to go out and do things alone or invite friends out. Sometimes he gets jealous and comes because he realizes that I am not going to sit around the house and wait precious time. Life is too short and I want to enjoy every aspect while I can!
SunnyinSD
on 6/22/11 1:17 am - San Diego, CA
Would you be interested in a workout partner?  I live in Rancho Bernardo (and I think I saw that you live in Escondido) and I also have a 24 Hr gym memebership.  I'd love to have a gymm buddy to keep me motivated!

I'm a 5'9", 33 year old mother of 2 living in Sunny San Diego  
Starting Weight: 273  Surgery Weight: 235  Goal Weight: 140   Surgery Date: 08/08/11

T. Aulds
on 6/22/11 2:56 am - Athens, TX
I am sending you hugs. I wish I knew what to say to make things better. However nothing we say will take away the pain he caused. In the beginning my husband was against the surgery. He refused to help me get the financing and everything. Looking back I think it was due to him spending so much money on every fad diet out there and buying all kids of workout equipment to see it gather dust. He had done this for 12 years. Until one day I told him I would do this with him or without him. The one thing I can tell you is you have to do this for yourself. No matter how he reacts to you going to the gym or how you eat. If you are the one who cooks. Cook what you can eat and either he will get accustom to it or he will fix him something else to eat. He is a grown man after all. After almost 3 years my husband still does not try to remember what it is I can or can not eat. But he is very happy how I look now. Many husband are afraid after we loose weight that we will leave them too due to other guys noticing us all over agian. Just have faith in him and yourself. It does work its way out in the longterm. Prayers sending your way darlin.

I used to shut the skinny girl up in me with chocolate, Now I shut the fat girl up with my VSG!!!
Most Active