Has anyone started taking pictures?

Prettygia
on 6/15/11 5:11 pm - MD
I just wanted to know if anyone that has loss a little or a significant amount of weight started to take pictures of any saggy skin that became or has the potenital to becoming an issure, for your clearance on plastic surgery,  and getting it approved through your insurance company? I only ask this because at the pre op class it was suggested that you start to take pics early of any saggy skin so that it is documented early.  Thanks in advance for anyones imput.
Mr Mom
on 6/15/11 6:51 pm
In "fat school" we were told not to focus on the skin unless it becomes an issue (irritation, sores, etc). They said we can expect the skin to sag but that over time some of the skin would heal itself and bounce back a bit. They also said not to have cosmetic surgery until at least 1 year after we have reached goal weight and allowed our skin to completely heal and go to what the new normal will be. All of this depends on how much of an issue you end up having with the rashes, sores, etc if any. I have seen my skin look loose and saggy as I loose but then it heals and tightens up over a few weeks. The red marks fade and become thin scars. In some cases they become little football shaped scars! The most annoying thing for me is the itching as the skin shrinks & heals. Try not to trip too much on it though. The skin thing is part of the price of admission to the weight loss and improved health...

Craig...

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250