The Bane Of My Existence Is......

Amy B.
on 6/6/11 2:37 am - East Jordan, MI
Crackers.  I LOVE them.  I've MISSED them.  I'm only 3 weeks post-op and I want nothing more than to eat crackers.  All shapes, sizes, hues, flavors.  I think about them all the time.  Today, I tried a Ritz Crackerful, garlic herb.  Mmmmm.....heaven in a one ounce package.  Took a (small) bite, completely pulverized it to a paste.  Waited.  No pain.  Took another bite.  Oh, this is so good... but oh so not good!!  It went down way too easily.  If one thing is going to trip me up in this journey, it will be crackers.  Prior to surgery, I finally acknowledged how addicted I was and weaned myself off crackers and pretzels (never really into chips and stuff like that).  It was hard as hell but the craving was gone after a few weeks and I figured I was all set.  Yeah, right.  Can't chew gum yet.  Can't chew on ice.  Can't do cheese crisps yet.  Any other suggestions?  I refuse to let those tasty little buggers win!

redsnapper1975
on 6/6/11 2:41 am
Throw them out- don't buy more. I can't have my trigger foods in the house.  I'm just a few days behind you and I can only have full liquids still, so for salties, cream soup or chicken broth are my only choices.  Not sure where you're at in your diet progression.  Good luck- leave the crackers behind!
~ Kim

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/11 2:52 am - CA
 Yes! Get them out of the house NOW! I have a cracker problem, too. Wheat thins were not allowed in my house for *years* until I could get my head around a proper amount to have.

I am almost 4 months out and just bought some Wheat Thins flat bread crackers and one doesn't blow my carbs for the day (I like to stay under 20g, the crackers are very large), and they are absolutely perfect with cheese. I bought them knowing that there was a very good possibility that I would have to throw the whole box away if they started talking to me too much. I have one per day, max, and have been fine with it.

Be careful! and good luck!
~Colleen
George B.
on 6/6/11 2:54 am - Miami, FL
Get rid of them. Crackers are a slider food which you'll be able to eat a lot of before feeling restriction. Also, the carbs will stall your weight loss.

You may try frying cheese or baking it till it's crispy and has a similar consistency to crackers. It certainly has a good crunch. Many groceries sell a white cheese specifically made for frying. I made some in the toaster oven and it was pretty good.

Good luck,
George

felicity2u
on 6/6/11 3:04 am - LA
The Ritz crackers are bad but I occasionally treat myself to the Special K multi grain crackers.  They have roughly a little less then 1 carb per cracker but I just say 1carb per cracker for my calculations. I then take one skinny cow wedge, i love the garlic and herb and weigh****ches makes something like a skinny cow in a jalepeno cheese flavor and spread it on about 6-7 crackers depending on where I'm at the for they day with my carbs.  It is so yummy and satisfies my cracker craving.  Hope this helps!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Amy B.
on 6/6/11 3:23 am - East Jordan, MI
I have absolutely no crackers in my house for this exact reason.  My poor son doesn't quite understand why he has to go without for his chili, but I'd rather hear him complain than gorging myself on them!  I have done great for alomost 2 months without these things.  My co-worker who "shared" the luscious little devil with me has been told that under no cir****tances is he to share any more crackers with me.  Even if I'm begging and crying for just one little nibble!  lol  Thanks for the suggestions and support.  I am stronger than this urge.  I am stronger than this urge.  I am stronger than this urge. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/11 5:20 am
Crackers may be your kryptonite.  Toss them and don't look back.
lucy2e
on 6/6/11 6:40 am - Laurel, MD
Just say no to cracker - Crack(er) is whack! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Amy B.
on 6/6/11 9:07 am - East Jordan, MI
That is officially my new mantra!!

Most Active
Recent Topics