SLEEVED! Horrible hospital recovery experience (LONG)

Elleisa71
on 6/4/11 10:55 am
I am new and haven't had my surgery yet, but I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry you went through that! You did everything on your end to be prepared and they dropped the ball! I have had other surgeries and feel so vulnerable in the hospital. I'm glad you are feeling a little better and hopefully things from here on out will be better.

One of the other posters mentioned Wise Regional Health Center. That is where I am having my surgery later this month!

jbskaggs
on 6/4/11 1:26 pm - holt, MO
 Your message makes me thank God I went to Mexico and got personal care and where people listened to me.  

I am sorry that happened to you.

Backinstride
on 6/4/11 1:54 pm
Sorry to hear about your experience. I had some pretty evil nurses as well. I threatened to call the BBB. My concerns were heard but yeah some nurses are so unprofessional. I hope you feel better soon. We go threw enough as it is and then to have a terrible experience at the hospital makes it worse.

MrsHelm1012
on 6/4/11 4:19 pm - Washingtonville, PA
Oh my freaking goodness! I am sooo sorry that happened to you. Is someone going to follow up with you about the complaint that you filed? There is absolutely no excuse for health care professionals to act like that! I work in the health care field (in a dr office that belongs to the medical center where I had my surgery) and I just cant imagine treating a patient like that. How are you feeling now? Do you have a follow up appt to check on the collapsed lung?

tanieanie
on 6/4/11 7:49 pm - WI
Im soo sorry to hear that all happened.  I do have to say, I live in Wisconsin now but I gave birth to my son at Trinity in Carrollton back in 94. It was great back then.  :)  

nana2boys
on 6/5/11 2:11 pm
Wow.  I'm suppose to have my surgery at Baylor with Dr.Kuhn  or I can have it at medical City.  I chose baylor as my grandson died at Medical City so I have bad memories.  Now, i just don;t know

jennifersmithee
on 6/6/11 2:07 am - Farmers Branch, TX
Do not assume that my experience will be anything like yours. I know that I had some very inexperienced (for bariatrics) nurses who where fairly new there. I was also alone that first day. I think if my mother who is a nurse was there with me that first day she could have acted as my advocate when I was the most out of it. Then things would have gone a bit smoother.
There are lots of things I would have done differently but I stongly encourage you to have someone you is responsible and not afraid to ask questions with you that first day - preferrably the whole time.
Also now that I am home, and having a hard time, I wished I would have requested to move to another floor rather than beg my physician to leave. I was just so angry and the nurses were so awful on Saturday.
I am very sorry to hear about your grandson. Baylor to me has been very good to our family in the past - this experience was the first time I have had anything bad happen.
I wish you luck!

Stacy160
on 6/5/11 9:54 pm
I'm not positive, but I THINK that you can rate and review your hospital right here on OH, just like you can your surgeon.  The link to the hospital's OH page should be in your surgeon's profile here.  In your surgeon's review, I'd leave a link to the hospital review as well so that other prospective patients can see it.

HW 258    SW 246.4    CW 166.8 GW 160    
                     (reflects loss from all-time high weight in November 2009)
Most Active
Recent Topics