Couch 2 5K...Round 2

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/4/11 2:37 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
THANKS!  I am determined to complete this course.  The way my knees feel, I may not be able to accomplish "running" a 5K  until some more weight comes off, but I am not going to quit.
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Sassy 1
on 6/3/11 12:36 pm
OMG!  You are so f'n funny!  I feel like I'm right there with ya- sweatin' away!  Thanks for the post- keep'em coming!  And keep on sweatin'!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/4/11 2:39 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Thanks!  Girl, in this Kentucky summer, I don't have any choice but to sweat! 
Sassy 1
on 6/4/11 5:57 am
Hey- we have same day surgery- I'll click to friend you!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Susan0714
on 6/3/11 12:47 pm - Kenner, LA
So funny, I love like the other posts reading your posts, and hearing what you have to say..

Maybe one day Gus will want to join you..

You were lucky with your heat, I wi**** would ease up some here in New Orleans..

Can't wait to read the next post.

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/4/11 2:43 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Gus is a giant couch potato.  He loves to go outside and fun around when we are working in the yard, etc.  However, he is only good for short bursts then he goes in the garage, lays down on the cool floor and looks pitiful.  He also has a bad case of ADD.  He'd be like, "Yeah Mommy, we are running....this is fun......I'm hot......when can we stop.....oh look---a squirrel!"

I need to do a post just about Gus the Wonderdog with pics.  He's such a fun, loving guy!

Here's wishing you some cooler weather in New Awlins!
gonersmom
on 6/3/11 12:59 pm
You have once again made my day!! Thanks for the laughs.

Also glad to know that I'm not the only NCIS geek out here. History channel too...and of course a good dose of Criminal Minds rounds out the boob-tubing (which is not to be confused with the boob tying down we need to do while exercising). After all with Criminal Minds and NCIS you can learn some awesome ways to dispose of those leprechans and 'rode hards' that can irritate the bejesus out of you. Multi-tasking is what it's all about!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/4/11 2:48 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
I love CM too!  I love the shows that Bellasarius does (JAG, Magnum PI, NCIS, etc.)  Besides that, I am a uniform bunny of long standing.

Love the idea of getting tips on disposal from my fav shows.  Hmmmmm.  Don't think I'd waste them on those people though.  I have an ex-husband that is still very deserving of a bullet between the eyes.  And my husband has an ex-wife that is still wasting space.

I am the multi-tasking queen. I can't do just one thing at a time.  I have to be doing 2-3 things at once or I get bored.  Don't know how someone as busy and antsy as me ever got so fat (guess it's because I could shove food in while doing other stuff too??).
Newme209
on 6/4/11 3:09 am - NJ
Damn glad I didn't just have surgery or I'd bust a stick laughing so hard thru your couch25k journey! You're doing awesome! Keep up the good work!

PS...I'm 51 and won't ever consider "running" as something this ole body will do! I barely kept on target at my "beginner" zumba class this week! I give you LOTS of credit for hangin in there! Especially in the heat! You go girl !!

I'm 5'6.5 
HW 253   SW 238 (-15 lbs preop)   CW 153

Final goal: 150-155 ...MET 153 (-100lbs) 11/24/11)

Crunchy As Can Be
on 6/4/11 10:52 pm - NY
"Well butter my butt and call me biscuit."

Your posts are a wealth of wonderful phrases that I will promptly add to my repertoir.

Wonderful to hear your story, MD! Keep up the great work!
 ~~Emily~~

Most Active
Recent Topics