Couch 2 5K = Couch to DEATH!

CJCC55
on 6/1/11 12:05 pm - Cleveland, TN
loved reading about your experience!!!
Speaking as a fifty something Tennessee gal, I can appreciate where you are coming from.
Congratulations on your commitment to losing weight and becoming healthy. You are doing great.
Please, please, please, keep us posted on your experiences.

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/1/11 12:32 pm - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Tmorrow is my weigh in day and then tomorrow night......running torture.  I'll keep you posted on both!

We older gals have got to set the bar for these younger kids!
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
wert
on 6/1/11 12:30 pm - MN
Great story! I laughed out loud. More, please. Updates. Updates. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/1/11 12:34 pm - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
I'll keep everyone posted.  Maybe it will help some others get up off the couch if I can get my broad butt up and out!
brighterDayz
on 6/1/11 7:47 pm, edited 6/1/11 7:48 pm
"...another looked like she had been rode hard and put up wet several times..."

You are hilarious!!!

Yeah, I understand breathing through a wet towel.  We are there too right now.  The southern humidity is NO JOKE! How in the world can you run outside in the south and not die right now?!!

I'm planning to do the C25k once I drop about 30 more lbs (I don't want to murder my knees if I can help it).

Best of luck to you. 

HW/Starting: 327  SW: 302 (lost 25 lbs pre-op), GW: 158

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/2/11 3:13 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with

Yeah, my knees are crying for mercy but I was afraid to wait for the next 30 lbs....I might chicken out by then.

The humidity is a killer!  It would be so much easier inside on a treadmill but NOOOOOO....it has to be outside.

Nurse_Audrey
on 6/2/11 1:10 am - Houston, TX
I loved loved loved your post!!! I laughed so hard! I read it again out loud to my hubby and he said she sounds like you and your mom!!! I been going to the gym instead of walking outside it was like 97 here yesterday!!! I have been thinking about going to the zumba class at the gym but have been a little shy and embarrassed about my size, ta ta's, and behind to want to shake it with those skinny heffers.I may just have to go do it anyway! Thanks for the inspiration! You are gonna be so happy and accomplished when those 5 weeks are up!!!

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/2/11 3:14 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Girl, you just go a shake your groove thang at those skinny heifers!  You never know.... one of them may have once been like us!
Crunchy As Can Be
on 6/2/11 1:10 am - NY
More, please!

MillersDaughter, you are wonderful! I always enjoy reading your posts for humor, tears (this time from funny and sweet both) and a good old dose of a reminder that WE CAN DO THIS!!

You make us all laugh and are an inspiration. Keep up the great work!
 ~~Emily~~

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/2/11 3:16 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Awww....thanks Crunchy.  We'll see how I do tonight.  I got on the treadmill at home last night and doing two nights in a row has got my legs begging for mercy.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Most Active
Recent Topics