Couch 2 5K = Couch to DEATH!

gonersmom
on 6/2/11 8:52 am
As the elderly lady I take care of states EVERY Thurs and Fri when I shower her...."I wish washing them in ho****er would make them shrink!!!"....alzheimers is a sad state to live in, but at least she has kept her sense of humor.  :-)

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Jenny C.
on 6/1/11 11:01 am
Great balls of fire, lady????   Haaaaa!

Please put this in your WLS book file, it's a keeper.

Jenny

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/1/11 12:25 pm - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Thanks....that's one of my more *ahem* socially acceptable phrases to use.  The first time I ever heard it was the first time I saw Gone With the Wind--Frank is trying to placate Scarlett and she says "Great balls of fire, don't call my Sugah!"  Loved that moment.
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Lori B.
on 6/1/11 11:25 am
What an awesome post. And from another fibromyalgia sufferer I think you are incredible and have already reached an important goal! You may not have ran the whole way but you finished it. Many of us can't do that!

Thanks for the inspiration. I will think of this post when I'm suffering tomorrow morning at the gym.

~Lori
~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/1/11 12:28 pm - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Yep, that ole Fibro monster makes it hard for me to do all the things my brain thinks I can.  I just can't "push thru the pain" like I used to be able to do.

But I am going to finish this course.  I don't care if the old ladies and the fatter-than-me ladies lap me.  I'll just chug along and meet MY goals.  One...step....at....a....time
skatie
on 6/1/11 11:39 am - NJ
Too funny.  I laughed out louded several times.  Good luck and keep us in the loop about your progress.  i think I am going to start running tomorrow.

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/1/11 12:29 pm - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Good luck and don't forget to tame the Ta-tas
Krazydoglady
on 6/1/11 11:47 am - FL
Way to go!  You're going to do great.  One thing about it, if you're worried about actually dying, you can't worry about anything else. It's a great way to tune out the day.  I like that you finished strong.  That's great!

One tip, when you're on you're treadmill, to get the equivalent effort of walking or running outside you have to push up the incline because the treadmill 'helps' part of your stride. I usually use a 2-3 incline to approximate my outdoor runs.

I do not have giant TaTa's, but I still strap them down. I love Champion's sport bras - no cups, just squash me down like a boy.  I live in Florida, so I understand the breathing through a wet sock phenomenon.  I ran  2 miles tonight on the treadmill outside on my lanai. I was so gross when I got off -- soaked, I literally just took off my shoes and shirt and jumped in the pool.

Trust me, after 5 weeks you'll feel like a million bucks. 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/1/11 12:30 pm - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
2 miles on the treadmill in the Florida heat/humidity???!!  You go girl!
ready2Bhealthy2
on 6/1/11 11:49 am
You are too funny.  I wish you the best of luck and hope to be doing the same thing soon. 
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics