Back from vacation lighter!

sonyagettinghealthy
on 5/30/11 9:50 am - CA
Hey guys,
     I just got back from a 4-day weekend where I ate pretty much whatever I wanted but in moderation of course and LOST 4 lbs since I left on Friday!!! Can you believe that? I was just shocked. I did some walking, a little swimming, a little biking and of course helped set up and take down camp and little stuff like that but I tasted whatever I wanted that came across my face--tasted mind you-not pigged out on and didnt feel cheated I could only taste. I would never have stopped at just tasting before. I think my mind is starting to align with my sleeve because for the most part I ate protein, by choice, not because I had to. I'm starting to get used to what I can have and whats good for me, how much it takes to get full and my focus on food is changing. Even after surgery I still had the same brain and I struggled with craving the crap I used to eat but not this weekend. I actually didnt purchase any crap even at our family's favorite homemade candy store. Anything I sampled was something one of the other 8 people in my party purchased but most often I passed. Also instead of looking for new places to eat on vacation I found I was much more motivated to look for new things to DO or see. My healthier attitude is starting to rub off on my family a little too as they are skipping some of the grub sessions and jumping on board with trying the new activities with me so all in all they may get healthier too because of my sleeve. So happy and grateful for my life today.

Donna G.
on 5/30/11 9:57 am - Olathe, KS
Me too. A week in Hawaii and back 4 lbs lighter. It helped that my best friend who went with me has a lap band. She and I shared all our food. It was awesome and a whole lot cheaper

Donna          

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/11 12:09 pm
I know you are both proud of this!  I am so happy for you!  Doesn't it feel good?????????
Most Active
Recent Topics