so emotional getting sleeve in 2 weeks..

Rosa L.
on 5/24/11 3:24 pm - Chino, CA
I feel like im losing it.  I had a anxiety attack two days ago I have never had one before, and today i have been an emotional wreck.  I know im nervous but is it normal to be so emotional before surgery.  I feel so depressed and worried all at the same time.  I have a great people for support so I dont understand why I am feeling this way.  Someone please tell me I'm not going crazy right before surgery....
DrHollywood
on 5/24/11 6:26 pm - Harbor City, CA
I think it is normal to get fearful and have anxiety before surgery.  You may want to start talking to yourself and what i mean by that is good affirmations and good thoughts. 

Everything is going to be ok..  however if something is really going on with you and only you will know then maybe its not a good time to go with it.

Focus on the positives....   prepare yourself for the negatives.   Most stories are successful...  know this....

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

ckb70
on 5/24/11 9:26 pm - Morrisville, PA
I understand.  I had a slight anxiety attack while on the surgery table just before I feel asleep.  I thought what am I doing I'm only fat.  I can laugh now but what a difference a month makes.  I'm down nearly 32 pounds and I feel great. 

Try and relax because you are doing something wonderful for yourself.  The recovery was not bad at all.  You will be up and running around in no time.

Good luck! 

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Rosa L.
on 5/25/11 1:13 am - Chino, CA
Thank you for your response.  I keep asking myself what if i diet again, but then i realize if I could just diet I wouldnt be where i am now. 
ckb70
on 5/25/11 1:21 am - Morrisville, PA
we all know dieting does not work.  This is a great tool and you will do so well.  I love the daily complements that I get and its a big boost on the self esteem. 

Stop trying to talk yourself out of this.  You will do great! 

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
sandy18
on 5/25/11 4:49 am - FL
 I am with you!  and no you are definitely not crazy!  My surgery is in two weeks as well and I have a heavy feeling on my chest since I fount out my surgery date.

It is kind of the same feeling I get when I am on my way to the airport. :)

I wish I could be like my husband who is sooooo excited about the surgery and cannot wait to be under the knife.

I am more cautious and worried about the complications. My plan is to ask the surgeon for something to relax me the day of the surgery because otherwise I might bolt or have a panic attack.

Good luck and I am here if you need someone to vent to!
Most Active