SV... NSV... MDV

Nurse_Audrey
on 5/20/11 7:32 am - Houston, TX
Okay so I made up one of my own victories.... it counts!!!! So I am a little more then a week out from surgery and I have made some serious progress and the pain has become so much more tolerable. The first victory was of course the scale victory this morning the scale said 219.4 woooooohoooooooo that's amazing I know my highest recorded weight was almost 260 and that I was at some point actually larger then that and refused to set foot on a scale so this is a huge improvement. Next the NSV I had measured myself all over when I found out I was approved for surgery last month around the 16th and measured myself again yesterday to find some huge huge changes mostly inches lost in my butt. A grand total of 12.75 inches all over!!!! I could not believe it I almost cried!!! Finally though the best of all is my new made up MDV or MD victory! I went to see my long time friend and most amazing doctor I have ever had my endocrinologist who talked me into going through with having surgery Dr. Hassan. My labs were all a little weird from having just gone through all of the preop diet and surgery but he said that my HgbA1C was 6.4 which is down from 7.0. For those who don't know this number is used to show how well a diabetic is doing over a 3 month period with their sugar in their blood if its high you are considered diabetic and not well controlled if its below 5.7 you can be considered non diabetic or in remission. I'm almost there this is the closest Ive been in a long time. He also agreed with the other docs about keeping me off my diabetes meds which means so much to me. For the first time in a long time I'm off all diabetic meds and my sugars most days are under 150! I'm just so happy I had to share this with someone!!!! I go back for my 2 weeks post op visit on Tuesday and its one of the first times I have been excited to go to see a doctor!

BerniN
on 5/20/11 7:46 am - TX
 Way to go!! Isn't it fun to watch the scales drop!!! I, for one, am very glad you shared the victory!

Nurse_Audrey
on 5/20/11 7:49 am - Houston, TX
thanks!!!! wow I didnt realize how long that was I was just so excited!!!! Sorry for the length guys.

Charb35
on 5/20/11 8:23 am - OH
Hi my name is Charb, I am a newcomer and I just want to congratulate you on your success. If I can, I wanted to know if you had the sleeve done and what's to be expected? My surgery is July 6, 2011 and I am so nervous. Its a good nervous though more anxious than anything. My doctor wants me to have the Rouen Y but I really don't want to go that route because I am a smoker and I'm afraid that after my surgery I will start back and get Ulcers and I cant have that. How was the pain? I know every 1 is different but whats your thoughts? I'm sorry, like I said July 6th and I am so ready. Hope to hear from you
A new friend
Nurse_Audrey
on 5/20/11 8:46 am - Houston, TX
Yes I had the sleeve and I did have alot of pain I wont lie.... but its different for everyone I have friends who say they had little to no pain. I'm sure you have heard this before but smoking is bad for either surgery. Not just for risk of ulcers but for slowed healing, damage to blood vessels, increased rick of blood clots, not to mention trouble breathing, and so many other things. I used to smoke too I quit about 7 years ago and have not looked back. I wont lecture you on this because I'm sure you know smoking is bad but you should really plan to stop and decide never to go back it can only improve your life! I decided to go with the sleeve over the RNY because I did not like the idea of my organs being rerouted and the nutritional deficits that might be involved not to say that you cant have them with sleeve because its still possible but I felt like this was a better choice for me. Good Luck with your decision and surgery! I would suggest posting a msg on the sleeve board there are so many helpful people here with really great advice. I owe alot to the OH folks they have been a great resource to me! I hope this helps!

Charb35
on 5/20/11 10:44 am - OH
Thank you, it helped alot and I wish you the best.
BriarRose
on 5/20/11 8:15 am
YIPPEEE !!!!! Share away !!!!! You have done a great job pre-op, and I know you will continue to do great with your sleeve.

Hang on tight.... it's quite a ride !!

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Mandi E.
on 5/20/11 9:03 am - Kissimmee, FL
Congrats! I'm so happy for you!!  
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wls2011
on 5/20/11 9:49 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 Awesome news! :)
Me too, off my meds.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

sleeve genie
on 5/20/11 11:24 am - Alhambra, CA
Yeah for you, sounds like you are off to a great start.  I hear you on the meds,  i did this for my health and all my issues have been resolved and no more meds,  only supplements.   Keep up the good work  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Most Active