Shakes vs. Dense Protein

PaulaS
on 5/8/11 7:33 am - TX
When were you able to get all your protein in by eating and not relying on protein shakes?  
I have only been on Stage 4 (regular food) diet  since last Thursday, so it is early yet for me.

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
MediumSoon
on 5/8/11 7:40 am - TX
Two weeks... Well - maybe I didn't get it ALL at two weeks, but close enough - haven't had a protein shake since then. You obviously have to be very choosy in what you eat to get enough protein. Tuna and talapia did it for me.

PaulaS
on 5/8/11 8:22 am - TX
I just had a crab cake (12g), but dribbles before that...egg, string cheese...
We have cooked salmon on the grill and I like that.    Will have to try talapia!  

For some reason, I was hungry for tuna and wanted that for my first mushie meal - ugh!   Been scared of it since, but I DID buy alot so will have to try it again.   Do you make the tuna into a salad?   If so, how?

I tried chicken and could not get even 2 oz. down.   The crabcake was 3 oz. and I did ok - full, but not overly.    At least, hiccuping and burping alot.

I've tried the refried beans and those are good, but not enough protein to make my quota for a day unless I ate the whole can.   My NUT does not want us to eat melted cheese.   He said a little, like Parmesan, is ok, but lots is not.    

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
evilelf
on 5/8/11 12:31 pm
I thought you lwere reading my mind. I found some appitezer sized crab cakes (perfect size). I like talapia the *******so had tuna as my first soft meal . It didn't go so well.

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

Most Active