1 wk post up & back to work tomorrow

sonyagettinghealthy
on 5/1/11 2:25 pm - CA
I got sleeved on Apr 25-a week ago tomorrow. I weighed 256 the day of surgery, 263 two days post op to my dismay but found out thats common iv fluid retention and today--6 days post op i weigh 252. Very little pain. Just walked 8 blocks with my husband and our two dogs. I was actually up walking 90 min out of surgery. Tomorrow is my first day back to work and its a 45 min drive from home. Hopefully it's not too soon but I feel like it won't be a problem. Just wanted to update for the pre op gals wondering what it may be like for them. 
Could_It_Be
on 5/1/11 2:28 pm
Thanks! Hope tomorrow goes well, let us know!
MediumSoon
on 5/1/11 2:30 pm - TX
You can do it! Just don't over-do it Day 1. I did and ended up taking another day in the middle of the week. Remember that you had MAJOR surgery. You'll be GREAT!! Don't forget to sip while you work!

veeday23
on 5/1/11 10:11 pm
WoW! we had our surgery on the same day and i feel awful. I can not imagine going to work now. i am on my way to the ER this moring. I still cant take in more than 15 oz of fluid a day. i feel really week, my mouth feels like cotton, my stomach feels like it is full of water and gas. What is going on. Why is this happeing to me? How many fluids are you getting in now?
sonyagettinghealthy
on 5/1/11 11:26 pm - CA
 I'm getting in about 30 oz of fluid a day so far. good luck at e.r. Keep us posted and hope u feel better soon
pinkypromise93
on 5/1/11 10:36 pm
Awesome!! Good luck at work

Sabrina R.
on 5/2/11 5:59 am - CA
Thanks for posting that Sony!  My surgery is May 23rd and I need to get back to work ASAP, cause I don't have any more sick time left. :(  The 23rd is a Monday, so I'll probably take the week off. I have a desk job, and don't have to "Dress Up" for work, so I should be ok. 2 years ago, I had a hysterectomy, and I was off only 3 days. :)

Thanks Again!
Sabrina :) 
Most Active
Recent Topics