First "real" meal post-op

PaulaS
on 4/30/11 7:00 am - TX
What did you eat???
I expect to be off mushies and on to regular foods this Thursday!    
Any suggestions ????      

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
Elaine2
on 4/30/11 7:09 am - Atlanta, GA
I went from mushies to soft foods for 2 weeks. But my first "non mushy" dinner was my favorite.....1 grilled sea scallop and 2 stalks of very over cooked asparagus (to make it soft).
Still have that meal weekly (without the over cooking, of course).

Not very Cinco de Mayo but one of my favorites!

Congrats!

PaulaS
on 4/30/11 7:16 am, edited 4/30/11 7:23 am - TX
Sounds good - I just bought some scallops and they are in the freezer!

Cinco de Mayo - I forgot about that !! And, my appointment is in San Antonio which has a huge celebration for that!

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
KathyA999
on 4/30/11 7:23 am
My first actual food was breakfast, a scrambled egg with shredded cheese.  MMM, so good.  I couldn't fini**** of course.  Can't remember what my dinner was.

Strangely, I haven't been to a Mexican restaurant since surgery, and it's one of my favorite foods!  But I would order something protein-heavy and eat about a 3-oz portion of it.  Probably the reason I haven't been to a Mexican restaurant is that I would have trouble avoiding the chips.  Italian, I've ordered a meat rather than a pasta dish.  Twice I ordered lamb shank, more a Greek thing, at my favorite Italian restaurant around here, ate till I was satisfied, took it home and had three more meals from it.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

PaulaS
on 4/30/11 7:30 am - TX
Yum - breakfast sounds good, too!

I figured when we do eat out, I might be safe with grilled chicken breast of some sort.   Alot of people here say they eat fajitas - not sure if they are chicken or beef fajitas.   Sometimes, those look so lean and others they look so greasy...  would just have to make a judgement call.   Or, I guess I could ask they be prepared with little  or no oil...  

So far, refried beans have not been my favorite.   Trish suggested I get some w/ jalapenos which I did, but I have not tried them yet.    The plain ones were just to bland and "canny" tasting for me, even with salsa and hot sauce.  

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/11 10:10 am - CA
 Grilled salmon with coleslaw....I know I should not have the coleslaw but it went down fine and I was dieing for something "fresh" tasting....when I was pre op I ate allot of salads and that is what I have missed the most. 
MediumSoon
on 4/30/11 12:28 pm - TX
I had talapia. Went down great! Next real food I tried was a meatball. That did NOT NOT NOT go well! I have tried one since and it did not go well either. Only food I've had trouble with to date.

Most Active