infected 3 days post op

sonyagettinghealthy
on 4/28/11 11:53 am - CA
Just got off phone with nurse few hours ago. I'd emailed her a pic of my belly button incision that i'd taken this a.m. She'd assured me 3 days is too soon to be infected & that its quite common to have allergic reaction to adhesive which can be mistaken for infection. I was grateful and relaxed significantly, removed the dressing, washed the surgery site with antibacterial soap & waited for the fever/reddness to reduce. Well it was this afternoon before the nurse actually got to look at the pic i'd emailed & she said my that is very red! After consjulting with Dr they determined better safe than sorry so I have to drive back to Los Angeles in a.m. (2 hrs away) and see if I am actually infected. I'm gonna bet I am since I have a red hot swollen circle extending about 5 in out around belly button. Anyone else have similar experience & if so what was the outcome? I plan to be back at work Mon & sure hope not to be re-admitted to hospital!
Dee W.
on 4/28/11 12:01 pm
I am preop but i think Monday might be too soon to go back to work.  I hope your tummy is not infected you did the right thing calling in. Feel better soon! 
jengo1971
on 4/28/11 12:15 pm
Yes, I had a belly button infection about 2 weeks out (I think).  Took Antibiotics and it cleared right up.  You should be able to go to your PCP (primary care physician) instead of driving 2 hours to your bariatric doc.  Good luck.

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
Most Active
Recent Topics