2nd day back to work (2 weeks post-op)

buxom_blossom
on 4/27/11 9:16 am
VSG on 04/12/11 with
 Being back to work is harder than I thought it would be!  Yesterday I lasted until 3:30 then came home and went straight to be with my heating pad.  Today I started getting sore in the afternoon and then had a single shooting chest pain, so I decided to call it a day.  I work in an office so it's not overly physical but manage an interactive team so it gets stressful. 

I'm thinking that I've been pushing it too much and am going to just do 1/2 days for a while and work from home the rest (from the comfort of my bed!)

Overall my recovery has been great.  The first two days are the hardest (I wasn't expecting the amount of pain and nausea) and since then it's been pretty easy.  But pre-ops don't worry, it's nothing that you can't handle and there are some great drugs to get everything under control. 

I've had a really easy time drinking and have been able to get at least 64oz of water and 90g of protein in each day as well as vitamins and a 1/2 hour walk on my treadmill.  

I've lost 20.4 lbs in 2 weeks and am super happy that I've done this!  My confidence has grown three-fold in 2 short weeks and I'm starting to feel like a babe again.  Just looking forward to being able to do all of my every day activities again.  

On a side note - I've been getting loads of compliments from co-workers about looking really good in the past 2 days. No one knows I had surgery (except for my VP) and I'm thinking I could get used to all this positive attention.  
I'm 5'10"  -   HW 264 lbs  -  lost 9lbs pre-op diet -  SW 255 lbs  

faerey
on 4/27/11 9:35 am - Zachary, LA
Since you have the option take it slow and treat yourself well. Enjoy the ride!
 "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."     Marilyn Monroe    HW: 232   SW: 226   CW: 150.8                                                                                           

Seana 
evilelf
on 4/27/11 12:45 pm
I am 12 days out and my dr gave me 4 - 6 weeks. I was thinking about going back to work early also. I also have a office job (work for the state). Hearing your story makes me think I just stay here. I'm getting paid so might as well play stay at home mom for a while. Because once I go back I can't take half days. Hope you are feeling better soon. Congrats on the weight loss.

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

WVLoser
on 4/28/11 12:19 am - Wheeling, WV
Buxom ~

Sounds like you are really doing great!!!  Can you tell me what are eating/drinking that makes up your 90g of Protein?  My surgery is in 2 weeks so I would like to start getting some products together.

Thanks!

Beth

HW: 250  SW:  239   CW: 176
Month #1:  12 lbs
Month #2:  17 lbs
Month #3:  14 lbs
Month #4:  9 lbs
Month #5:  6 lbs
Month #6:  2 lbs
Month #7:  3 lbs

buxom_blossom
on 4/28/11 3:41 am, edited 4/28/11 3:43 am
VSG on 04/12/11 with
@evilelf - Yeah I would absolutely take the full time off. I should have planned for that but thought that since I'm young and healthy I'd bounce back quickly and not need it.

Beth - Isposure Lite has really helped me bump up my protein intake. It's a clear liquid protein. I find it goes down easy and has 15g in every small bottle.

The other proteins I use is Syntrax Nectar in Fuzzy Peach - it's a thin juice style protein. Post surgery I didn't really enjoy the taste so I started mixing it in a big 32oz nalgene bottle with a 1/2 packet of Tangerine Crystal Lite, lots of water and some ice. It tastes just like Crystal Lite but has 25g of protein.

I also bought the Max Protein that eggface swears by. I really like it too, it's thin and nice. The thick lumpy, creamy shakes make me gag.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/04/heads-up-max-protein.html

Good luck with your surgery - it'll be great! So far I found the lead up to surgery to be the hardest part.
I'm 5'10"  -   HW 264 lbs  -  lost 9lbs pre-op diet -  SW 255 lbs  

PK130
on 4/28/11 3:51 am, edited 4/30/11 4:41 pm - Dallas, TX
VSG on 03/01/11 with
Evilelf, your doc said 4-6 weeks? Wow, mine said a week and a half...which is about what I took. (7 days off work) 2 weeks would've been great but in my experience, much longer than that would've been unnecessary. Not that I was pain free at that point but it wasn't anything not working would have avoided.

I do agree that going back was a little rougher than expected.
Most Active
Recent Topics