Pre-Op Peeps: You may want to read this.....

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 12:23 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
MY experience with insurance coverage:   Ok, just because your surgeons office informs you the procedure is covered, it means only that the surgery itself is fully covered.  It doesn't cover 100% of all the other associated hospital costs such as, operating room fees, pharmacy/drugs, ct scans, leak test, anesthesia, etc.  I have very good insurance and thought I was 100% covered, but I learned the hard way when the medical bills began flowing in after surgery.  So far, it's been around 3K (the most recent invoice was $2100 and I don't know how many more may come).  This may not be the case with all but I just wanted to warn you. 

SOOOOO, TALK WITH YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY (in depth!) BEFORE YOU HAVE YOUR SURGERY TO AVOID ANY SURPRISES! 
didim62
on 4/25/11 12:31 am - Kensington, CT
I'm having the same issues. Afraid to open my mail. My 100% coverage after a $300.00 deductable is growing daily. My issue is that the surgeon/hospital may not take what the insurane company deems the cost should be. I'm hoping it all pans out. Definitely question it over and over.....names, dates, times and conversation content.....keep a log.
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
Haydee13
on 4/25/11 12:34 am - NY
I went through the same situation lucky that I'm just responsible for around $350 and after Ipay that they are responsible for the rest I hva all sizes bills Endoscopy, leak test, EKG sleep apnea blood work and on and on I wont be abler to finist this morning, please be very careful I havbe bills fron $65 to 2100 if  my insurance wouldn't cover most of it I would easily be over 6K  be very careful please!

mersell
on 4/25/11 2:52 am - CA
you have Kaiser or another one?
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 2:53 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
I have Fed BCBS.
Ulysses
on 4/25/11 4:22 am

I have Anthem BCBS PPO Exclusive (like a Sandals resort).
I had to pay my surgeons office an upfront estimated down payment of 1600.00 last week.
I better not have a bill that will be larger than a trip down to Mexico - especially after all the crap i had to go through to get approved.
I did check my policy - which has a yearly deductible of 400.00 and covers 90% of all hospital to a yearly out of pocket max for me of 1700.00.
I hope that the 1600 I already paid covers most of it.
J

VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 4:37 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
I hope so too!  Good luck tomorrow!!!!
MediumSoon
on 4/25/11 1:47 pm - TX
You should have a maximum out of pocket. It is possible you don't actually owe all of that.

Most Active
Recent Topics