Pre-op diet question

sldierswife
on 4/24/11 7:44 am
I saw someone said they have cream of wheat during preop full liquid phase is that ok?!?
 HW 298 SW 281

MsSonja
on 4/24/11 7:52 am - Kent, WA
You should consult with your surgeon.  Everyone does something different.  My surgeon had me on a 10 day sugar free clear (and I mean clear) liquid diet. 

No tomato soup, no cream of wheat, no cream soup, no milk, no yogurt, no pudding.... just sugar free jello, chicken, veggie or beef broth, crystal ligh****er, hot and sour soup (not the solids, just the soup), and sugar free popsicles.  Yum!  Good luck!  ~~S
~~ Ms. Sonja 

MsSonja
on 4/24/11 7:54 am - Kent, WA
Oh yea... I had to continue the same diet for 4 weeks post surgery.  You hear me - 4 friggin weeks!!  Again, that's what my surgeon told me to do.  Others have a different diet.  Now that the time has come and gone, it wan't so bad.  But it was hell going through it.  ~~S
~~ Ms. Sonja 

Ulysses
on 4/24/11 8:19 am
WOW! Thats harsh!
Almost 40 days of famine....My surgeon only requires full liquid the day before and 1 week post up. Then he moves to stage II - basically adding shakes and pudding.
Its amazing how different every surgeon is.
J
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

sldierswife
on 4/24/11 7:57 am
Omg!!!! Lol u r strong person!! Lol
 HW 298 SW 281

ckb70
on 4/24/11 9:41 am - Morrisville, PA
Cream of wheat or cream of rice...pre and post.  Believe me you are not missing anything...yuck!

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Susan0714
on 4/24/11 12:14 pm - Kenner, LA
I hope you find out what you can tomorrow Melissa, Good Luck have a good time.. Thanks for the book I love it..

Susan
sldierswife
on 4/24/11 12:21 pm
I'll find out Tuesday glad you like the book I'm reading it every night before bed if anyone else is interested we found a great book from I believe someone from the forums I got it from iBook called fat no more. I really like it - enjoy
 HW 298 SW 281

ksing6691
on 4/24/11 12:34 pm - Sacramento, CA
I am able to have 1/2 cup of cream of wheat once a day (breakfast) on my pre op liquid diet and I cant stand it bcuz I cant obviously make it the way I like it. I usually add evaporated milk, butter & sugar. I can substitute the sugar for egual or splenda, but the butter is a hard one to substitute. lol. So I havent been eating it becuz its gross.

Kisha

sldierswife
on 4/24/11 12:39 pm
Ewww yeah:/
 HW 298 SW 281

Most Active
Recent Topics