The reality of being obese

Nicki88
on 4/25/11 12:44 am
Im flying out to San Diego tomorrow from Nashville.  So, of course I check the flight ahead of time to see if there were still seats available...NOPE.  Completely sold out.  Both the flight there and back.  So now I have to torment my mom the whole trip and make her squeeze in the middle so that I dont end up kicked off the dang flight for being too fat.

Good times.  Great memories and nice that I will spend the day feeling like crap b/c I cannot control my weight.

I cant wait to lose weight and not have to worry about these things before a trip.  It is so embarrassing. 
Surgery Date: 4/27/11 Dr. Aceves
Jenijeni
on 4/25/11 12:48 am
Good times are coming! Hang in there, honey!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

didim62
on 4/25/11 12:50 am - Kensington, CT
I know that is difficult but just remember that aside from the return trip it will be the last time that you will have to endure that. Keep your chin up and don't stress out about something you have already made the choice to change. I'm excited for your up coming surgery for you and I know your going to be a great success!! Have a safe trip and an uneventful surgery!!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
kdolphin
on 4/25/11 1:15 am - FL
 Good Luck on your surgery.  Dr Aceves is the best.  I was so worried about the flight home but did great.  I took a pain pill before I left the hospital and then one more when I was waiting for the connection in Dallas.  The next day I was tired though.

cattywompos
on 4/25/11 1:17 am
Yep, keep your mind on the future and know that this is only a temporary state and soon you will not have to worry about such things.
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Nicki88
on 4/25/11 1:20 am
Thanks everyone!  My mom just printed off our passes and we are in the A group so at least we are the first group to board.  Gives me a little advantage of being in the seat and letting someone else ask to sit with us instead of everyone looking at me in fear of me asking them to squeeze in by them.  Maybe we will get lucky and some people wont show for their flight.  :-)

Surgery Date: 4/27/11 Dr. Aceves
Southernsleever
on 4/25/11 3:48 am
Try to get the bulk head seats, they offer a little more room. Dr A is great and this flight and home will be the last time you have ya worry about it.

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

Ulysses
on 4/25/11 4:29 am
Have a great time -
Airplanes SUCK for us!
I an 6'3, wear size 15-16 shoes and am 400+ - so I feel your pain.
I go in with the "I don't give a **** attitude" and I WILL win the armrest battle....Which is more mental warfare than physical...I did buy my own extender so I would not have to ask the waif's that bring the Sprite. Have a nice trip to Mexico and enjoy those great drugs!

Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

lisa53406
on 4/25/11 8:10 am - Racine, WI
I completely understand your situation. Its hard. I am sure your mother knows and understands. Its the whole reason why you are going. Say a prayer for patience, take deep breaths, and like everyone else said know that this is going to be the last time you will have to go through this type of ordeal Hooray!

Be good to yourself. Some things you don't have control over but you are taking control of what you can.

Have a safe trip. I will be thinking of you since, of course, we have the same surgery date!

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
CEEW
on 4/25/11 2:24 pm
DR. ACEVES IS THE BEST !!!
Most Active
Recent Topics