Blue Shield of California PPO ??

Willmakeit
on 4/25/11 9:28 am
wanted to get some feedback from other members regarding any experience with this plan.....how long did it take, positive? negative experience?  thank you!
Ulysses
on 4/25/11 9:51 am
I have Anthem BCBS PPO Exclusive out of CA
My surgeon's office had to submit the paperwork 3X (and then call them himself) before some nitwit finally started a case - it was "pending" for less than a week when the staff from my surgeons office called and it was approved. So - pretty fast, just keep on them!

I received a letter from Anthem about a week ago saying I was approved....I was like "gee thanks" for letting me know a month later.

Good luck

Jason

VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Willmakeit
on 4/25/11 9:55 am
thank you for your reply......i have plain old BS of CALI PPO..i hope it does not take long
Jenni Z.
on 4/25/11 10:43 am - CA
I have blue shield ppo of ca and I was approved in less than a week! No hoops! Wish you the best!
Willmakeit
on 4/25/11 11:01 am
Thank you!!! that isencouraging......do you mind telling me what your bmi was? did you submit the 6 month diet? 5 yr history?
Jenni Z.
on 4/25/11 1:18 pm - CA
I am a 49 bmi. You? I had to meet with a nut, psych, and show my weight log for six months like at weigh****chers.what surgeon are you considering? Some if the best are in Cali! I was so stressed about insurance....

Willmakeit
on 4/26/11 1:01 am
My bmi is 41 and have a couple of co-morbid issues...i submitted 6 month supervised diet, 5yrs medical history,psyc,nut,medical necessity letter .....did you contact BS to confirm they had received the documents from the Drs office?
KikiRox85
on 4/25/11 2:21 pm - CA
have blueshield of california ppo. submitted my 6 months weighs iin from weigh****chers. was approved in 9 days. my bmi was 48 and had pre diabetes.

Willmakeit
on 4/26/11 1:02 am
thank you! did yuo call BS to confirm receipt of your paperwork?
bdocker
on 10/17/11 5:09 am
Most Active
Recent Topics