Anyone else feel like an ice cube post-op?

buxom_blossom
on 4/23/11 12:30 pm
VSG on 04/12/11 with
Before surgery I was always warm or hot but now I can't get warm no matter what I try!

I'm constantly sipping warm tea (still on liquids), covered with a blanket and have a heating pad on.

Sometimes my hands get so cold that my nail beds turn blue.

Will this eventually go away?
I'm 5'10"  -   HW 264 lbs  -  lost 9lbs pre-op diet -  SW 255 lbs  

Jenijeni
on 4/23/11 12:38 pm
We ALL do. Sitting here with a sweatshirt and wool slippers on and it's 70 in the house! Freezing!!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/11 12:50 pm - Germantown, MD
 My surgery was in August. It was over 100 degrees outside the week of my surgery. I was FREEZING. I was also on blood thinners which did not help at all. LOL. Yes, it goes away. At least it did for me. Now I only get cold when it's cold. 
diane S.
on 4/23/11 12:53 pm
yep we all do this. even without all the weight off. takes awhile to adjust but eventually you do. i still get hot and cold a lot. dunno why - maybe some thing about fat having estrogen and i have way less fat now.

i would sit at computer all bundled up but hand on the mouse was cold. now i find you can buy a heated computer mouse and/or pad. i am gonna get one as i live in a cool climate and hubby is a polar bear.    Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

nicolite
on 4/23/11 1:03 pm - Aurora, CO
VSG on 07/17/10 with
Oh yeah, I'm freezing right now.  I've always been one to want to wear nearly nothing as much as possible.  When I'd get home for years, it was straight into a sundress for me, no matter the weather.  But these days, I've got jeans on all day long, a top and often a sweater or hoodie, socks and shoes... and being part-asian - we NEVER EVER wear shoes in the house!  But these days, it's just TOO COLD, I tell ya!

Pre-op diet/SW/CW/GW :: 306/297/209/185
Just had my 3rd child a month ago - wanting to get back on the weightloss wagon!

wert
on 4/23/11 1:09 pm - MN
I've always been hot. Before surgery I'd set the furnace at 62 degrees in the day time and 55 at night. I was plenty warm. Now, I'm cold all the time. The furnace is set way up there at 65 now. I wear my old huge sweats with a ton of layers underneath. Socks and slippers, too. Maybe I'll enjoy summer this year for the first time ever. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Ulysses
on 4/23/11 1:20 pm

Women are ALWAYS cold...What gives?
I have always been "hot-blooded?" and constanly thinks it's too warm.
I like it to be cold when I sleep and I usually have a fan on all 4 seasons.
I wonder if its a woman thing (keeping the internal baby machine warm) or a WLS thing?
I guess I'll find out myself....If I turn into a reptile and need a heat lamp soon I will know.

Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

jimbovsg
on 4/23/11 3:35 pm
On April 23, 2011 at 8:20 PM Pacific Time, Ulysses wrote:

Women are ALWAYS cold...What gives?
I have always been "hot-blooded?" and constanly thinks it's too warm.
I like it to be cold when I sleep and I usually have a fan on all 4 seasons.
I wonder if its a woman thing (keeping the internal baby machine warm) or a WLS thing?
I guess I'll find out myself....If I turn into a reptile and need a heat lamp soon I will know.

Jason
Dude this may change for you!  At almost 600lbs....I was ALWAYS hot....not any more!   I get cold like a little B***ch.....now!  I think it has to do W/ the WL....and hormones....and the fact that we are taking in so little calories.......during the "losing" phase!  Cold can be an indication of certain deficiencies.....or thyroid issues too!  If your levels are normal....it is probably due to..... less insulation....and less fuel (calories)

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Ulysses
on 4/23/11 4:59 pm
COOL! (pun intended).
I could save a fortune on my A/C bill this summer!
I'll find out soon enough bro,
J
BTW: LMAO @ "I get cold like a little B***ch.....now! "
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

buxom_blossom
on 4/23/11 1:30 pm
VSG on 04/12/11 with
Oh no! I live in one of the coldest places on the planet (-50C) and my old way of always being warm served me well. I hope I regulate out a little bit before winter hits.
I'm 5'10"  -   HW 264 lbs  -  lost 9lbs pre-op diet -  SW 255 lbs  

Most Active
Recent Topics