Last days before the diet...

Stevie
on 4/22/11 6:06 am
 Did any of you find yourselves trying to queeze in your favorite foods that you will have to say goodbye to?  The biggest one for me was a Chiptle barbacoa burrito.  I got that out of the way yesterday and I couldn't even fini****  I start my diet in 3 more days and I can't think of what else I might want before I can't (or really shouldn't) ever have it again.  Maybe a slice of cheesecake?  Homemade brownies perhaps?  Nothing is really coming to me as a "must have."  I am not complaining... but I am afraid I will be afterwards.  LOL  My friend who just had it done herself said that I will feel different after surgery and not have the same relationship with food.  
sonyagettinghealthy
on 4/22/11 6:13 am - CA
I just started my clear liquid diet today, 3 days prior to my surgery & let me tell you I ate like a little oinker for the last 2 days. My co-worker took me out for steak & baked potatoe and the server comped me cheesecake for desert when she found out about my surgery. Last night I was craving bbq pork ribs and a glazed donut as my last meal and desert but had a really good meatloaf instead. Now today I'm starving and this is just the beginning of 3 looong days before my surgery on Monday. I hope I dont have the same relationship with food after my sleeve!
KrisJ77
on 4/22/11 6:16 am - TX
I had to do it for 14 days!!!  You got lucky!!!

Stevie
on 4/22/11 8:56 am
 I almost did the 14 days if I would have gotten accepted to go off post (we are military).  On the 14 day diet they let you eat some veggies and stuff.  On the 7 day diet, it is more srict.  You get your protein shakes upto 70 grams, broth, sugar free pops and jello.  That's it.  Not sure which is better, 14 days with some soft food or 7 days without anything but liquids.  Is your diet 14 days liquid?  That would suck!
KrisJ77
on 4/22/11 6:16 am - TX
I did!!  Lucky for me my food and desert was all at BJ's......yummy!!  The only thing I miss after three months - don't laugh - is Sprite!! 

Stevie
on 4/22/11 8:58 am
 I think I might miss root beer.  lol  Your dog is so cute!  I have a shih tzu named Rizzo.  :)
KrisJ77
on 4/25/11 1:25 am - TX

That's Buster...he's bigger now....they are such great dogs!! He is my second. 

SassyItalian
on 4/22/11 6:22 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
I had many food funerals before surgery to the tune of gaining 10 pounds. I lost the 10 quickly on the 1 week preop liquid diet.

Its funny because we think we can never eat the things we like again. But we can, on occasion, in moderation. Our sleeves are a wonderful tool!!

Instead of a huge decadent dessert now 1-2 bites of sweets will satisfy me. And i do indulge on occasion. Not twice a day like before.

I loved food before, I love food now, but the relationship is very different and I would dare to say much healthier!

I hope your sleeve will help you build a healthier relationship with food. It is so much easier to accomplish post op- at least it was for me.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

evilelf
on 4/22/11 7:01 am
I am only 7 days post-op, but oh how I remember the FOOD TOUR 2011. Both you and I will be fine and we will eat again, not just as much.
SpiceyMom
on 4/22/11 8:20 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
I was o****il the last night (Wednesday night) and I made Mexican. I was proud that I didn't gorge, though. I had a plate, said "goodbye, for now" and that was that. Now I'm on day two of preop and I'm just keeping my eye on the prize, thinking that whatever I lose in the next week will stay gone, so it's worth it! I did want to go on an eating tour, though! Lol
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
Most Active
Recent Topics