Is Popcorn alright to eat?

Libralin
on 4/23/11 9:00 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
I wouldnt eat it at the movies...too much fat...and salt. Try and have the air popped with no butter at home before you go. Just bring a bottle of water with you. 1/2 or an hour after the popcorn.

jimbovsg
on 4/24/11 1:53 am
On April 23, 2011 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time, Libralin wrote:
I wouldnt eat it at the movies...too much fat...and salt. Try and have the air popped with no butter at home before you go. Just bring a bottle of water with you. 1/2 or an hour after the popcorn.
Why bother "air" popped W/ no butter?  I got some Styrofoam packaging I'll send ya.....taste the same!  Seriously....I did NOT eat it for about 1 year.....now I get a small W/ extra butter! (lets face it....popcorn is just a delivery system for salt and butter!)  BUT....I have "rules/strategies"  for certain foods!  My "popcorn" rule is #1  ONLY at the movies  (I don't eat it anywhere else!)  ONLY a small size.....AND  ONLY 1 time a month!  ( if not I'd go to the movies as an excuse to have it like 3X a week....even go to see  "chick flicks" and ****just to have popcorn!)   If I go more than 1X a month....I have somethin' else...low sodium sunflower seeds work well!  Find what works for you.

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Southernsleever
on 4/23/11 11:07 am
I sneak my own in or get a bag w/o butter on it. It's something I can overeat on very easily and doesn't fit into my low carb diet so I'm very careful with it. I ate some at about 2 months out.

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

charmaine A.
on 4/23/11 8:07 pm - MI
my doctor said no popcorn seeds or nuts for six months...popcorn is my fav food and I am counting the weeks til i can have it...

Best of Luck, Charmaine

Most Active
Recent Topics