Is Popcorn alright to eat?

Christine928
on 4/23/11 6:32 am
I go to the movies like its my second job. Everytime I go I want popcorn but very nervous to eat it. Can we eat popcorn?

emelar
on 4/23/11 6:35 am - TX
If you're cleared for regular foods, yes, you can eat popcorn.  But I always try new foods at home before I try them out in public to make sure sleevie isn't going to revolt. 
Christine928
on 4/23/11 6:42 am

Yes I have been cleared for regular food.. And good advice. Maybe I'll try me some popcorn. Yay! ! 

Jennifer M.
on 4/23/11 6:36 am - Goodyear, AZ
 Good question sister!! I love me some popcorn at the movies! It's not just the popcorn, its the whole experience ya know? LOL. 
Im only 1.5wks out so it will be a long while before I can have any popcorn, if we can that is. But still I would love to know now. If not maybe we could have those 
"popcorn" flavored rice cake things, although probably too many carbs huh? 
 ...a work in progress...    
Hayd9654
on 4/23/11 6:40 am - AZ
 I eat popcorn when I go to the movies. I don't have any problems with it, but it does make me feel full so I can only have a few handfuls before I have to stop eating it.

Ulysses
on 4/23/11 6:57 am

I read in other posts that a lot of people that have VSG eat popcorn.
It can be low-calorie (fat free butter flavor) and one cannot eat that much before being full.
It also satisfies the "crunch factor" that is so lacking on the diet.
The little 100 calorie mini-microwave bags are pretty popular and could probably be easily smuggled into the movies so you don't have to pay 39.95 for a small bag...
regards,
Jason

VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

MediumSoon
on 4/23/11 7:07 am - TX
 That was funny.  $39.95 for a bag - sounds about right!!

Christine928
on 4/23/11 7:25 am
Lol... Thanks... Its not that expensive.. but sure does feel like it..
Linda B.
on 4/23/11 7:47 am
The biggest problem I see is the fact that movie theater popcorn has so much fat in it, I think bringing your own is the best bet. Enjoy!

diane S.
on 4/23/11 8:36 am
well its probably ok to eat some if you are cleared for all foods. But consider whether this is a good time to change your habit and learn to watch movies without eating anything. I made this a habit some years ago though did grab some of my husband's sometimes. Now i just skip it. My husband weighs 400 lbs. This and a lot of other little habits are what cause it. I am trying to get so I don't eat while watching tv. I don't eat at the movies so I can go out for a dinner after.

I have had popcorn but was a year or more out and had a guest who lives on the stuff. Gotta admit it was great. But again, if you have been without popcorn at movies for a few months and are still in weight loss phase, why not try to establish a new habit here at least until you get to your goal. Now is the easiest time to make a change. GL. Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics