FRUSTRUATED!!!!! Sorry alittle long

jakebsmommy
on 4/23/11 4:19 am - Waldorf, MD
VSG on 04/29/13

I am so frustrated!!!! One of my co workers who I love and who has had the lapband surgery and recommended me to my surgeon is saying mean and hurtful things to me.  She keeps saying you are going to fail, your not going to lose weight, I don't understand why you are eating at this stage blah blah blah!  My dr and nut have put me on mushies and basically it is anything I can mush with a fork.  So I eat egg salad tuna fish chicken sald, eggs, mashed potatoes, cheese, etc.  Well my co worker tells me I am not motivated to lose weight and if I was I wouldn't eat anything except liquids!!!! Just because you did nothing but liquids 2 yrs ago and lost all your weight the unhealthy way doesn't mean I am going to do the same thing!  All she does now is throw up after she eats anything.  She literally made me cry today.  I am following everything that my dr and nut tell me and damn it I have lost 40 lbs in 1 month not sure about inches but I think I am doing great.  She knows nothing about the sleeve! I so just wanted to punch her in the mouth but I walked away and now she keeps calling me! What do I do or say now?!?!?! HELP!!!!!!!

mimikay
on 4/23/11 4:28 am
That's a tough situation. You know what you're doing is working, so hold your head up and don't let her bully you. Only you know whether you have to maintain a working relationship or friendship with her. Keep on doing what works and laugh as you eat your small but satisfying foods!
  Kay       HW 219/SW 212/CW 134              
MN_Mama
on 4/23/11 4:39 am
How sad you have to deal with this! I am so thankful for my support at work.
It sounds like she's jealous, controlling, or just plain toxic. I believe you will come to a solution, and pray it is based on what's best and healthiest for you.
Best wishes. Thanks for taking the time to share.

emelar
on 4/23/11 4:39 am - TX
Hand her your doc's phone number and tell her to take it up with him; all you're doing is following your doc's instructions.  Or tell her to shut up. 
lucy2e
on 4/23/11 4:46 am - Laurel, MD
 I like this advice!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

KaVash
on 4/23/11 4:45 am - OH

I think you should tell her how you feel! Also remind her that she is NOT your surgeon or nut and that you will continue to follow his/her guidelines and are so far doing really good.

Mandi E.
on 4/23/11 5:14 am - Kissimmee, FL
I agree with the above posts. If she was really your friend she would be there to support you not tear you down. Sit her down and tell her that respectfully it's none of her business how you loose the weight. You're dedicated to your program not hers. If she still has something to say offer to bring her to your next check in with your surgeon. Tell her if you really do care you can bring up your concerns to our doctor then and let the doctor put her in her place. I gaurantee this will make her feel like an ignorant fool when he tells her that she's wrong. Tell her that you're worried about what she did and the issues of vomitting (FYI which isn't healthy!) Tell her you can go together and the surgeon can recommend suggestions for both of you IF you both are wrong. She'll be put in her place by a PROFESSIONAL and hopefully will move on to someone else to bully.

To be honest if it was me I'd tell her to mind her f*cking business, but I'm a b*tch. LOL Good luck with everything!! 

I'm here if you need support or someone to chat with! 

~Mandi

xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sonyagettinghealthy
on 4/23/11 5:50 am - CA
 She sounds l**** a very unhappy person and misery loves company. She also sounds like she may be bulimic since she is throwing up what she eats? As long as you are following a professionals advice then you are going to succeed wonderfully. Don't let anyone discourage you! Best of luck
Jennifer M.
on 4/23/11 6:08 am - Goodyear, AZ
 Ok, I used to have a band. She is NOT supposed to live on liquids!!! In a band diet they are not allowed after the first 4 weeks!!! Also if she is vomiting all the time and can not tolerate food she has a severe slip and needs to see the doctor!!! Offer to make your next appt at the same time she makes hers as she needs to see your doctor!!! He will correct her on her diet and yours!!! hahaha
 ...a work in progress...    
Ulysses
on 4/23/11 6:14 am

Go on the offensive:
Say that her Lap Band is a dangerous archaic foreign object in her body. And the only foreign body you would tolerate in YOUR body damn sure better vibrate or be named Antonio Banderes.

I would ask her why her lap band and eating habits make her puke all the time...Tell her you are very concerned for her as the failure rate and complications of the band are terrible!

I would explain to her that your WLS and Dr. recommended nutritional guidelines are different then hers. So educate yourself before opening that hole under your nose!

And if letting her know that you have lost 40 lbs already isn't enough....

Punch that ***** right in the mouth!

Good luck

Jason

VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Most Active
Recent Topics