is there anyone who DIDN'T do a pre-op liquid diet?

sunny10
on 4/22/11 11:36 pm
I did not have to do a pre op liquid diet.  Sometimes I wish I had, because I would have lost more weight by now.  The only requirement was that I could not eat anything from 12am the night before surgery.
Sunny10    
MrsClaus09
on 4/23/11 12:14 am

My preop diet was three meal/protein replacements per day (shakes or bars) plus one lowcal/lowfat meal.  I also had several free items to choose from as well (sf jello and several other lowcal/sf/lowfat liquids).  I did great on it for those two weeks...even lost 13 lbs!

My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
NuevaMujer714
on 4/23/11 1:00 am - Irvine, CA
 WOW what Wert said is true u its to make the Fatty Liver shrink and to be a safer Surgery, I also had to loose 10 pounds

Well just follow drs dierection
XOXO Thanks for the Support            
Floridagirl88
on 4/23/11 2:38 am - Crestview, FL
I had 1 week of high protein/low carb. I was skeptical of this at first hearing so many people have liquid diets. Then when I got to the hospital for pre-op the day before surgery ( I went to Mexicali), after we finished our pre-op the dr let us go out and have out last meal, anything we wanted. That was a little odd, but you better believe I took advantage of it! Lol
Chrissyissy
on 4/23/11 3:04 am
Thanks for all the replies.

Like I said, I had to do the 2 weeks and as of yesterday have lost 12lbs. BUT since I did so well, the doc/nut said I can eat (sensibly) tomorrow, since it's easter and all... It's weird to me but as long as I eat early-ish and drink my fluids and then go NPO at midnight, I'll be fine... I'm just afraid of being sick after surgery!

we shall see, but it will be nice to enjoy Easter dinner with my family instead of drinking Easter dinner. LOL

KathyA999
on 4/23/11 3:11 am
My surgeon requires patients with a BMI of 40 or more to do a pre-op diet, but mine was 39 (whew!).  I did do low-carb for 2 weeks prior to surgery and lost 5 lbs.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

aintstoppin
on 4/23/11 7:45 am, edited 4/23/11 7:47 am - NH
I had to lose 9 lbs and I only had to do a liquid diet the day before surgery

monny2400
on 4/23/11 8:12 am - Hammond, LA
I was blessed and had to do clear liquids only the night before...

one hoop at a time     
Most Active
Recent Topics