is there anyone who DIDN'T do a pre-op liquid diet?

May D.
on 4/22/11 4:02 pm
I didn't, I had 12 lbs to lose pre-op and went on the Jenny Craig program where I lost 9 lbs and because i was within 3 lbs of my total weight loss, my surgeon thought it was good enough.
chadhat
on 4/22/11 4:47 pm - WA
depends on your surgeon.

Mine just asked that I don't go overboard the week and especially the night before.  So no liquid diet.
TC
Kirkland WA
Nurse_Audrey
on 4/22/11 5:04 pm - Houston, TX
I start my preop diet the 27th bariatric advantage shakes and clear liquids! Surgery on the 11th!!!

kimberly_gr
on 4/22/11 8:11 pm
I had to do the Optifast diet 2 weeks before surgery.  I lost 10 lbs in those 2 weeks, and I'm glad I'm 10 lbs lighter today because of it.  However, I think being on the strict diet before surgery and liquids for 2 weeks after surgery made me very weak.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

BuckeyeGirl
on 4/22/11 8:37 pm - TN
I didn't have a pre-op diet.

Lindsey

MTH
on 4/22/11 9:19 pm
I had to do very low carb for 2 weeks, and fluids only the day before.  But..... I also had to do a bowel prep the day before surgery, so eating was the last thing on my mind!!!  The bowel prep was the worst part of the whole experience.
USAF Wife
on 4/22/11 10:31 pm
Pick ME. . . I just had to do a week of low carb/high protein, and then I was able to eat whatever the heck I wanted the night before surgery for dinner. Then liquids only after my dinner, and then nothing by mouth after midnight. My liver looked amazing even with a BMI of 49 on the day of my revision.
Lee ~
on 4/22/11 11:01 pm - CA
My Kaiser gave me a 1200 calorie diet to follow to lose the required weight pre-op.  No liquid diet until post-op.  I ate light for the week before because I knew that if I was over my pre-surgery goal, they would cancel my surgery.  I came in 1 pound under goal so I had to eat really close to plan. I didn't have any of those last suppers that people talk about. I was actually grateful because I knew those last meals would activate my desire to eat everything that I thought I would miss post-op.   I just wanted to get my Sleeve done!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Time4menow2010
on 4/22/11 11:09 pm - PA
I had to do 1000 calories a day for two wks prior and nothing to eat or drink after 9pm the night before surgery
Linda B.
on 4/22/11 11:25 pm
I didn't have to have a liquid diet, but I started to change my pattern of eating and lost 5 lbs the week or so before the surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics