Did you watch the YouTube Video before surgery?

Mandi E.
on 4/21/11 7:54 am - Kissimmee, FL
So I'm obessed with watching as many Youtube video's about the surgery as possible. My parents think I'm insane. But I really find it facinating and the more I can understand the surgery the better. Did any of you do that as well?

xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

agard311
on 4/21/11 8:03 am
All the time!

My family thought I was crazy as well.  I think they are very helpful especially since I am not the type to put a video of myself out there.  I think they are facinating.
MrsHelm1012
on 4/21/11 8:07 am - Washingtonville, PA
Yep. All the time. Thats actually what I just got done doing. lol. I like to be informed, and it just makes me feel better to know what exactly is in my future : )

BJUpNorth
on 4/21/11 8:09 am, edited 4/21/11 8:10 am - MN

Yes, I watched a couple of different ones that are on Youtube. My 21 year old daughter actually watched one with me, so she could see what it was all about.

Not sure about the rest of you, but I found it reassuring to know exactly what they were going to be doing to me.

I don't think your insane at all. Information is information!

Best Wishes,
Brenda

Mandi E.
on 4/21/11 8:12 am - Kissimmee, FL
Thanks!! I really thought I was some sort of masichist or something! LOL  
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NoEscape21
on 4/21/11 8:18 am - Apopka, FL
I love watching surgery videos. lol  
  Unicorns fart rainbows and magic!              HW:272 SW:260 GW:120
 Blog:  Weighed Down: A blog about becoming a former fat girl
Youtube: 
No Escape's Channel Join: The Pin -Up Girls: Vixens in progressLilySlim Weight loss tickers

pcannedy
on 4/21/11 8:44 am - Sacramento, CA
Yes, I watched them often.  I like to be informed.  Knowing what is going to happen; is better for patients.  But that is just me.

barber64
on 4/21/11 8:57 am - Temecula, CA
VSG on 06/06/12
I too watch many youtube videos. I want to know what they are going to do. I was     surprise at first but got awestruck. But why do they have you sort of sitting on the table and spread apart?
Ulysses
on 4/21/11 9:03 am

I watched a ton of them and showed them to my mother (the only one who knows I'm having the sleeve)...
I really dig the harmonic scalpel  - it cuts using high frequency sound caused by vibration.
From Wiki: "The scalpel surface itself cuts through tissue by vibrating in the range of 55,500 Hz. The vibration cuts through the tissue and seals it using protein denaturization, rather than heat."

I think its fascinating - or, maybe I'm just morbid.

Wait a minute! I AM MORBID!!! MORBIDLY OBESE 

but not for long...
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Lalamonkey
on 4/21/11 9:33 am - GA
Honey I watched that thing so many times my husband teased me that I could do my own surgery.  I am with you - facinating and good to understand what will happen to your body.
Most Active
Recent Topics