Major Complications

Debber7714
on 4/21/11 8:53 am
Hi Sister BB,
What a horrible thing to have to experience - but keep the faith!  I hope that with reading this message board your spirits will lift and you can regain your focus on a skinnier you!  I know I've been encouraged by reading the comments of others.

Hang in there, and I hope, since I'm a newbie to this message board, you and I can be "friends" and we can follow each other's progress.  I'm looking to get "sleeved" by mid-May.

Hugs,

Deb

HW=238 CW=194 SW=220 GW=125  Arrived in "One-derland" on 9/1/11! 
                    "What you choose is what you shall have...
                        what you allow is what shall continue."
MrsWash07
on 4/21/11 9:17 am - Houma, LA
 I am so sorry that you had to go through that entire process. I will keep you in prayer and let know how you are doing?
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 9:39 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
You poor thing! How scary that must have been for you!! Keep the faith and hang in there. At least you are home now and can recover in a place way more comfy than a hospital
diane S.
on 4/21/11 9:51 am
Gosh, this sounds terrible and i am so sorry you had so much pain and difficulty. I am glad you posted as all should remember this is serious surgery and complications can occur though fairly infrequently. Keep posting on your progress. We will all think good thoughts for you and hope you recover from these bad times. Once your weight really drops you will hopefully feel much better about this and it will ease the pain of the discomfort you have had.

Wishing you the best. Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

thisbe777
on 4/21/11 10:11 am
hope you feel better soon....

if you start to feel down, just toss out a shout of gratitude that they found what was wrong and got you on the road to healing....  and that the clot went to your liver and not your lung, heart, or brain.....not to discount what you've already been through, but those other three places can have way worse outcomes....

hang in there!

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Andrea2222
on 4/21/11 11:37 am - Sharonville, OH
I'm sorry you had to go through that. Someone from my support group, who had gastric bypass, had problems wiht blood clots and had to be a hospitalized. It's a lot to go through, but a few months from now, this will (hopefully!) be just a blip on your journey. And you'll feel energetic and thinner and the complication will be a distant memory. I had a complication of an infection, and while it wasn't as serious, i'm still glad I had the surgery now. Once the complication is dealth with, you can move on and get well and I think you'll be glad you had the surgery.
HW: 380   SW: 321   CW: 214  GW: 145  

Vivian Prouty
on 4/21/11 10:17 am - Fort Worth, TX
 I am so sorry that you had complications but so VERY GRATEFUL that they were able to find the problem and hopefully get it resolved for you really soon.    The main thing is that they found it and you are now on the mend.   Prayers going out for you and I pray that soon all the pain will go away.   Trust me you made the right decision in having your WLS.    Good luck to you and please listen to your body.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

lucy2e
on 4/21/11 11:21 am - Laurel, MD
Wow - so sorry you've gone thru all that.  My prayers are heading your way - hope you start feeling better now

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

MikeyMike
on 4/21/11 12:01 pm - New York, NY
Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

sleeve genie
on 4/21/11 12:25 pm - Alhambra, CA
Oh poor baby that really sucks, thank God they figured out what was wrong and hopefully will all be smooth sailing from here on out. Be very good to yourself and let your body heal. I'm believing that you will be very glad you did this once you start seeing the great improvements coming your way. jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Most Active
Recent Topics