Major Complications

SisterBigBone
on 4/21/11 7:54 am - Bronx, NY
Hi guys,

It's been awhile since I've been on here. I've gone through alot in the past two weeks. I had my sleeve on 3/28, and I thought everything was gonna be okay, and then the complications arrived. I had uncontrollable pain that I related to gas and constipation, and it turned out that I developed a clot that started in one of my abdominal veins and ended up in my portal vein in my liver.

I ended up in the hospital for 8 days, and it was tortured. I'm home now, and I'm withdrawing from all the Dilaudid I received in the hospital. It's torture. I'm just taking it one day at a time. I now will have to be on blood thinners for maybe up to a year. This situation has really taken its toll on my body and my spirit. I just hope in the end I did the right thing.

Susan M.
on 4/21/11 7:56 am
 Oh Sister, I'm so sorry you have had such a rough time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Monica W.
on 4/21/11 8:01 am - TX
I am so sorry you are enduring all of this. I'm glad you made it through. Best wishes,  you are in my prayers..

sonyagettinghealthy
on 4/21/11 8:07 am - CA
Thats just awful. I'm so sorry you went through all of that. I sure hope you feel better!
BJUpNorth
on 4/21/11 8:15 am, edited 4/21/11 8:16 am - MN

So glad you are finally home and hopefully feeling a little better. I am so sorry that you had to go through all this. You are in my prayers for a uneventful recovery from here on out. Keep your head up and know that your OH family is thinking about you!

Best Wishes,
Brenda

MN_Mama
on 4/21/11 8:17 am
Prayers coming your way for healing and strength.  Wishing you rest and health. 

Happy966
on 4/21/11 8:18 am

That sounds so terrible! I am glad they figured out what was wrong and hope everything goes well from now on.

BuckeyeGirl
on 4/21/11 8:19 am - TN
So sorry to hear about your complications! I hope you are feeling better and better with each day.

Lindsey

Arianasmama
on 4/21/11 8:34 am - Beverly Hills, CA
Keep your head up.  Praying for you
Be Blessed            
didim62
on 4/21/11 8:34 am - Kensington, CT
Sorry that your experiencing this . Hoping your feeling better soon.Take care of yourself.
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
Most Active
Recent Topics