cigarette smokers

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 9:07 am - Underwood, ND
I smoked one the night before surgery and not again until 2 weeks out.  I'm a sporatic smoker, not often and not regular, but I enjoy one sometimes,
May D.
on 4/21/11 10:21 am
I'm also an ex smoker and understand what you're going through, but if it helps you any I quit smoking 3 years ago.  I went to the doctor and asked for Chantix and she gave it to me.  I know not everyone can use it.  I  started it a week later and not only have I NOT touched a cigarette, I haven't even had a puff, don't care for them anymore and if I smell one I get nauseous.  I make my husband smoke outside or in the basement.  

For the sake of your health, please try to stop.
MediumSoon
on 4/21/11 10:32 am - TX
I quit almost 4 years ago with no problem. You CAN do it! Ask your doctor for Chantix - it's a miracle!!! Please do not risk your health by smoking before or after this surgery - it's dangerous.

momstephanie
on 4/21/11 11:28 am - GA
If I can do you can do it. It is hard as hell but you will be soooo happy once it is over with. I cussed out everyone in my family cried  scream even thought about kicking the dog. But I did it. You can as well. Set ur mind that you are getting healthy by losing weight why would you want to continue to smoke? I smoked for 24 years a pack a day never quit before didnt even want to quit. I am telling you it will be worth it you will heal quicker and be soooo happy you did.

PS I do still want one every once in a while the thought goes into my mind then goes right back out. I think it is the cig devil!!! LOL
Shame is the lie someone told you about yourself." Anais Nin
"Nothing Taste as good as thin feels" unk

Elaine H.
on 4/21/11 2:33 pm
I used the E-cigarette to quit. I smoked 49 years, 3 packs a day. I decided I wanted to feel better and quit. My doctor requires 8 weeks smoke free before surgery. Good luck to you qiutting.
charmaine A.
on 4/21/11 5:33 pm - MI
well my doctor said i had to quit smoking a month before surgery and i lied.. i went into surgery thinking I would be fine, well i woke up in recovery not being able to breathe..the nurses and the doctor kept asking if i was smoking and i kept saying no..until one nurse came over and said sweetie if you were smoking please tell us so we know why your having breathing trouble...honestly i would not smoke and it was the worst mistake i ever made...It was the worst feeling not being able to breathe and you do not want to do that to yourself..Good luck.

Best of Luck, Charmaine

Most Active
Recent Topics