YIKES! Day 1 and starving......

ksing6691
on 4/20/11 11:31 am - Sacramento, CA
Oh Mai Goodness how the hell am I gonna get thru this? Today is day 1 of the 2 weeks pre op liquid diet. I am starving, I want food sooo..... freaking bad. How the heck will I survive this? Im hungry. This sucks real bad. My kids are laughing at me cuz I am starting at them anytime they eat sumin. It is kinda hilarious. My daughter is ducking and hiding behind things when she eats and my son said that he feels quilty that he is eating. Im not trying to make them feel bad though. Everything looks so good jus wanna have one lick of everything. LOL I know it's pathetic. I feel like a drug addict and Im taping my veins ready for the goods Wow this is definitley insanity for real.

Im sure people out there have cheated, have you cheated????

How did you get thru this???

Please help what am I to do.

Kisha

_Nikki_
on 4/20/11 11:37 am
Girl, my family has no shame they eat right in front of me. I didn't cheat, but I only had to be on clear liquids 1 day pre op. You'll get through, I've been on liquids a week now and it's tough. Try some really good flavored broths. I went to restaurants that had soup and asked for just the broth and actually found some pretty good ones. Good Luck Sweetie !!
_Nikki_ 

CJCC55
on 4/20/11 11:43 am - Cleveland, TN
yeah, me too, Only had to be on liquids the day before surgery.
After surgery, its not hard, cause you really don't feel like eatin at first. I often wondered if I could have done a longer liquid diet preop, but I don't really know if I would have cheated or not. I lost 7 lb on my preop diet, but it wasn't liquid, and it wasn't manditory. I had just read that it was recommended.
Good luck to ya.
Carol

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

Kadeelynne
on 4/20/11 11:43 am - Gillette, WY
I feel your pain!   I am now on week 5 post-surgery and I am still starving!! Today, my awesome husband (yes, I am being sarcastic) came home with McDonalds for him and the kids. Ohhhh how it smells SOOOO good. UGH! He is so sleeping on the couch tonight!!! LOL

~ Katie ~

GuineaPig2011
on 4/20/11 11:44 am
I had to do one week full liquid and one day lear liquid.  Just keep in the forfront why you are doing this.  If you can have protein shakes make them count use ice make them think and they will fill you up,  Good luck
Linda B.
on 4/20/11 11:57 am - CA
I had no pre op liquid diet. I don't know how you do it? Esp since we do liquids for (me) 2 weeks after surgery too. That seems like torture. Much easier after surgery. Wasn't hungry.
Linda B
Awesome workout: www.ujamfitness.com 

HW=249#  SW= 236#  CW 179#  TOTAL=71 lost BMI= 30.6
Lose weight with me at LIVESTRONG.COM

njmom5870
on 4/20/11 12:04 pm
First couple days are the worst.  Your stomach will adjust.  If your hungry, have another shake, drink more water and chew gum.  That helps.  It will get better as your body gets used to the liquid diet.  You can do it!!!!
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

sleeve genie
on 4/20/11 12:15 pm - Alhambra, CA
Hey there sweetie,  the first three days were the hardest for me.  My problem was i didn't like any of the choices i was allowed so the first few days didn't really eat anything and i was starving.  So then i decided to just make myself eat stuff.  Broth, cream soup,  yogurt,  watered down juice,  v8,  lots of popsicles  lol   it really does get easier the further out you get and its for a good cause.  Its tuff but i have every confidence you will do fine   :o)  jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

ksing6691
on 4/20/11 12:34 pm - Sacramento, CA
Thank you guys, I am holdin everyone to the 3 day hump (easier after 3 days) lol

I can have 4 protein shakes a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner & night snack) 1/2 cup of cream of wheat  w/ shake for breakfast, lunch 1/2 cup light yogurt or sf pudding w/ shake for lunch, dinner 1/2 cup of light soup & 1/2 cup yogurt or sf applesauce w/ shake. I can have all the water, crystal light, sf popsicles I want. Yippee. Right now I wish I could have all the cream soup I can have. Ughhhh Imma keep telling myself I can do this.

Kisha

vacationlover
on 4/21/11 12:04 am
Most Active
Recent Topics