Oh Shi....

evilelf
on 4/18/11 1:06 pm
OK came home from hospital today, after getting sleeved on Friday. Talking all kinda of **** this afternoon about how great I felt. Now I am ****ting, have diarrhea big time. I have only been sipping water,powerade, protein drink and broth at the hospital this morning. I keep trying to drink the powerade so I don't get dehydrated. Has anyone else gone through this...help....
USAF Wife
on 4/18/11 1:07 pm
It's very common especially since it's a liquids in, liquids out kind of thing. At this point, DO NOT TRUST A FART. Just sayin' hang in there and keep pushing fluids.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Ulysses
on 4/18/11 2:03 pm
On April 18, 2011 at 8:07 PM Pacific Time, USAF Wife wrote:
It's very common especially since it's a liquids in, liquids out kind of thing. At this point, DO NOT TRUST A FART. Just sayin' hang in there and keep pushing fluids.
Oh yeah....
FEAR the SHART!
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

_aprilh_
on 4/18/11 1:13 pm - OK
That is what my nutritionist told us.... liquid in, liquid out and I did have some diarrhea but not too much. Keep drinking and hopefully it will slow down soon. If it continues for more than say 12-24 hours you should probably call your surgeon. Hope it passes soon.
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

evilelf
on 4/18/11 1:20 pm
Thanks ladies
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/11 1:51 pm
Yep, I'm a week out and it happens most after drinking my protein.. grumbly guts & some runs.. Some protein drinks do it to me worse than others, so play around and if something is found to be a bigger culprit- put it aside till you're on solids & try again with it as you may tolerate it better then.
Jennifer M.
on 4/18/11 2:54 pm - Goodyear, AZ
 Im 5 days post op and having same thing here! Glad to see it's within normal 
 ...a work in progress...    
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/11 3:52 pm - Germantown, MD
 Oh yeah, this is so common. I had diarrhea too when I came home, to the point my surgeon told me I could take an immodium. This too shall pass, then you may have the OPPOSITE problem. Just keep your fluids up. You're doing fine. If it gets TOO bad, ask your surgeon if an immodium is okay to take?
Babynesh05
on 4/18/11 7:58 pm - Germany
 hahah yes I remember those days.. what goes in comes out the same way...

GW 1: 200 COMPLETED! 193-Feb 15th 2011
GW 2: 160 COMPLETED! 160-May 12th 2011
GW 3: 140 COMPLETED! 140-June 17th 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

mylastchance
on 4/18/11 11:10 pm
Enjoy it now,  constipation is most likely on the way and you will wish you had some diarrhea.  LOL

Some of us suffer with that end (ha, ha, ha) of the spectrum and a little diarrhea would be a welcome visitor from time to time. 

It will pass (HA) and things will settle down for you.  Hang in there

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Most Active
Recent Topics