Home and Sleeved!

ahleeeshah
on 4/19/11 11:15 am
Hello everyone!

Just a short note to say that I'm home from the hospital and everything went great! My surgeon was very pleased, and I even got a few standing ovations from the nurses when I got up to walk before everyone else, haha.

Right now I'm trying to drink some protein. If it tasted better I could probably get it down no problem, but I think people were right about your tastes changing. I tried the grape Isopure before surgery and loved it, and now it sucks.

TMI part - The only thing they weren't really happy about is that I haven't passed any gas. I'm supposed to call his office tomorrow if I still haven't by then. Maybe then he'll say it's okay to use the gas-x strips.

Anyway, I'm hoping that I will have an easy recovery thanks to the advice you guys have given me. I really appreciate it!

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 11:17 am
 Glad to hear it!!! Congratulations 
evilelf
on 4/19/11 11:18 am
Congrats to you, you got out of the hospital quick.
ahleeeshah
on 4/19/11 1:20 pm
My surgeon tries to get them home the next day for sleeves. Bands are outpatient, and Bypass stays two nights. He made sure I was okay coming home before starting the discharge, and said if I was worried about the whole lack of gas stuff, that I could stay and they'd keep watch over me. At that point I figured that if I was gonna be in pain somewhere, I'd rather it be home!

lucy2e
on 4/19/11 11:41 am - Laurel, MD
Congrats - hope everything continues to go smoothly!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Gigi A.
on 4/19/11 12:03 pm - Canute, OK
Congratulation on your surgery..... 
Gigi from Woodward        
Pensgal
on 4/19/11 12:09 pm
Congrats.  Take it easy and heal well!  Good luck with the gas!  All our lives we are told not to do that and NOW we want to?! LOL
Pensgal    
Ulysses
on 4/19/11 12:34 pm
Congrats on your surgery!
Sounds like you had one of the EZ ones - I hope mine is as good next tuesday.
I don't want to stay in the hospital very long - i hate everything about them

Congrats again, and I hope you have a very gaseous night!
Farting/burping is great!
But from what I hear....Be very careful of the dreaded Shart while on liquids..

J

VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

ahleeeshah
on 4/19/11 1:12 pm
I was pretty lucky to have an easy one. I have no idea if it'll stay that way (I'm really hoping), but the hospital stay wasn't bad. I had a private room and a TV. The only bad part is that I got absolutely no sleep that night. I was connected to this machine that measures your breath, and any time I got close to dozing off it would start beeping to let me know I wasn't breathing deeply enough.

Time to go back to drinking protein! I just mixed up some Isopure with some sugar free popsicles, and it made it a bit better.

cmgg1972
on 4/19/11 12:42 pm
congratulations! my surgery is in a few weeks. please keep in touch!!!

christine
Most Active
Recent Topics