I guess it just takes a little time

lovelyluckylady 12345
on 4/18/11 8:05 am
VSG on 05/31/12
 I wasnt really nervous or anything but I just started freaking in the past hour or so bc I take Zoloft for depression/anxiety and I have been pondering on whether or not to tell them I take it! However, I was excited because I thought that after the evaluation my stuff was going to be sent over to insurance that afternoon... WRONG! I was a bit sad when I found out it wont go until next week my RN told me!! :( Please send me your feedback on how yours went??? Please and Thank you!!! 
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/11 9:29 am
I take Zoloft and I have no qualms about revealing that to anyone dealing with my sleeve surgery.

mysticblue
on 4/18/11 10:33 am
As a medical person (paramedic), it is essential that you are honest about the medications you take, especially before you have major surgery. They need to know if the anesthesia will react with anything else in your system. So please be honest about your meds from the beginning to ensure the best possible care.

Lori H.

Ulysses
on 4/18/11 11:33 am
Tell them everything...
Even people who are bi-polar or schizophrenic can have WLS - as long as they are on their meds and stable...
I take Celexa and Klonopin and told my surgeon in the 1st meeting - he didn't bat an eye. Same with the shrink eval - he just asked how I was doing on it...I said great and that was that.
No wories at all - your surgeon will tell you in the pre-op meeting when or if to stop taking it before surgery...
For sure...Tell them!
And don't worry....That causes anxiety!

J
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

lovelyluckylady 12345
on 4/18/11 12:37 pm
VSG on 05/31/12
Thanks everyone!! I have def told the dr and rn that I am on Zoloft! I just didnt want them thinking I was going to be depressed after or before surgery!!! Thanks
MediumSoon
on 4/18/11 1:15 pm - TX
I didn't take any such med and it took the Dr. office more than a week to send everything off once they had it. Guess they like to put all the "ducks in a row" to make the best case for medical necessity - and that takes time - as frustrating as it may be...

Most Active
Recent Topics