CPAP

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/11 9:01 am - Arlington, TN
My doctor told me not to wear my CPAP machine for a while after surgery.  Anyone know how long before you can start back wearing the machine?  I'll call and ask tomorrow but I'm sure someone here knows the answer.

OAN: Down 48 pounds in 3 weeks so I feel pretty good about that.

peachynptc
on 4/17/11 9:24 am - Fayetteville, GA
Not sure why your doc would say that until you lose more weight. At some point you may not need it!! Congrats on the weight loss!

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

Ms Shell
on 4/17/11 9:34 am - Hawthorne, CA
Depending on your, your weight loss etc...you may never have to wear it again.

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Kristy R.
on 4/17/11 9:51 am - Santa Clara, CA
 Interesting, mine is adamant that I wear it everytime I go to sleep.  I even brought it to the hospital.  It's true that we are all different.  I have very severe apnea, I stop breathing 80 - 90 times an hour.  Until I lose most of my weight and have another sleep study, I must keep using it.
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Ulysses
on 4/17/11 9:53 am
Really don't know about the CPAP - my dad had RNY and still wears his (he has bad asthma).
But Congratulations on the weight loss!!!
I get my sleeve in 8 days and that is Out-Friggin-Standing!
My surgeon told me to expect something similar to that kind of initial loss because I am tall 6'3, am one of the "SUPER Obese" at 450, and have an X-Large body frame.
You will be fat to PHAT in no time
J
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

foodlover
on 4/17/11 10:09 am
man, great job on the WL!  I have a CPAP, but don't use it.  It is a full face one because I have bad sinuses and can't breathe well through my nose.  I gave up sleeping in a bed and now sleep in a recliner just so I don't have to wear it.  You are doing so well, could be your dr wants to see how you do without it now! :)
(deactivated member)
on 4/17/11 11:04 am
 I sitll wear mine, not sure why ur doc would say not to.  I might be tempted to ask for a second opinion, the weight loss is great, but probably not enough to quit wearing the CPAP consistently.  Nothing short of another sleep study would ever get me to quit wearin mine.
Silverspoke
on 4/17/11 11:29 am - southaven, MS
 I put mine on as soon  as I come out of the recovery room. I remember having it on when my doc came in to check on me after surgery. He never said a word about it.

Ithink you'll be ok wearing it as soon as you want to.

johnbertak
on 4/17/11 11:40 am - MD
Maybe I'm odd (well, no news there, says wifey) but I took my CPAP to the hospital, didn't use it there, brought it home and haven't used it since.  Wifey says all my snoring is gone - I had the normal amount of trouble sleeping immediately after surgery - a bit of pain here and there, but once recovery was under way, slept like a baby and now, I'm going to bed earlier and getting up earlier than ever - rested, happy, and rar'in to go - to pee - then to start my day.  I also lost diabetes instantly post-surgery and I've since lost high blood pressure and what wifey calls "general grouchiness;" my grouchiness is much more specific now.  Good luck as you continue your program.
Pop-Pop

Most Active
Recent Topics